The Institute of Cost Accountants of India has invited the online application from Engineers for admission to Executive Diploma in Cost & Management Accounting Course 2019-2020 batch. ICMAI (ICAI) launched an exclusive course, CMA for Engineers, which is first of its kind in India for the Insititute of Engineers, India (IEI) members.
We here provides the details about the “Executive Diploma in Cost & Management Accounting for IEI members, Engineers” Course – Eligibility Criteria, Learning Outcomes, Details of the Course, Course Fees, Evaluation procedure, Course duration and others.
CMA for Engineers Course Duration and Modalities:
- Course Duration and Detail: 6 months, 5 Modules (500 marks) + Project Work (Grade system)
- Course Fee : INR 50,000/- (which includes registration and study material) + Applicable GST. A 20% special discount will be given on the course fee for CMAs having a live membership with the Institute.
- Study Materials and sample question papers prepared by the team of experts for each subject will be provided.
- Online/Contact Classes by experts from Corporate/Industry and Academia
- Examination: Twice in a year (June and December) at more than 100 test centres across India.
- Minimum pass mark: 50. Marks above 60 in a subject will qualify for an exemption in that subject.
- ICAI certification after successful completion of the course.
- Placement assistance by the Institute.
- After 3 years of initial admission, Re-registration with a fee of INR 3,000/- for the course.
- Contact Classes will be held at Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune in weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) on a full-time basis.
Why Cost & Management Accounting Course for Engineers?
- This CMA course has been specifically designed for Engineers to synergize their domain expertise with the commercial link in a most practical oriented manner.
- In today’s competitive business environment, suitable business decision making is very crucial. To contribute effectively and efficiently to the strategic business decision making, all professionals irrespective of their domain expertise needed to understand the commercial aspects of the business.
- Engineers being the frontline technocrats, are deemed to take various commercial decisions in the interest of the organization, which requires adequate expertise to understand the various facets of Cost, Finance, Taxation, Business Laws and other such aspects.
Who can be Benefitted from the Course?
- Engineering Graduates of any discipline
- Frontline Technocrats
- Decision makers on the Shop Floor
- Engineers working on Commercial projects like Bidding and Evaluations, Maintenance, Quality Engineering, Cost Engineering, etc.
- Professionals to have a competitive advantage in their Engineering career by acquiring basic knowledge of cost & management accountancy, finance, and corporate laws.
CMA for Engineers Course Eligibility Criteria
- Engineering Graduates of any discipline (BE, B.Tech)/Final Year Engineering Students (Executive Diploma will be awarded only after obtaining Engineering Degree) with average minimum marks of 60%.
- Working Experience will be added advantage.
CMA for Engineers Course Admission Procedure
- Admission will be online only through Payment Gateway system.
- For admission visit the Institute’s website www.icmai.in and Advanced Studies Portal. Interested and eligible Engineers can apply directly at this link – https://cmaicmai.in/advscc/Home.aspx
- There will be no offline mode of admission.
Evaluation Mechanism and Fees:
- Participants will be evaluated through written examination.
- The examination will be conducted by the Examination Department of the Institute twice in a year along with other examinations.
- The participants will be evaluated for each module of the course.
- The participants who will score 50 per cent or more in the examination for each module and will obtain B or higher grade in the project will be awarded the Diploma in Valuation by the Institute.
- For the project work, Grades will be awarded and that will not be included in calculating aggregate marks.
- Examination fee, excluding Project assignment, is INR 3000/- per attempt.
- In addition, for the Project assignment, an amount of INR 1000/- will be charged.
In this article, you got the details about ICAI (ICMAI) Advanced Studies Course “Executive Diploma in CMA for Engineers by ICMAI“. Have any doubts or comments, you can post either on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay connected for more and regular updates on CA, CS, CMA, other Professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation, Higher Education, Entrance Exams, Career Guidance among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.