The online registration and application process for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 will start today, Wednesday January 1, 2020, through the official website. The last date for CLAT 2020 registration is March 31, 2020.
The entrance exam CLAT 2020 will be conducted for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law courses offered by 22 National Law Universities (NLUs) around the country on May 10, 2020. This year the exam will be conducted in an offline (paper pen) mode from 3:00 pm onwards to 5:00 pm. The candidates have to submit their application form online at CLAT new website clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in.
CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The basic eligibility criteria for the law entrance exam, CLAT 2020 registrations for –
Undergraduate Law Courses –
- Students applying for the five-year integrated law degree should have cleared class 12 or equivalent with minimum 45 per cent marks or equivalent.
- For candidates belonging to SC or ST category, the minimum marks requirement is 40 per cent or equivalent.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2020 UG courses.
Postgraduate Law Courses –
- Students appearing in CLAT 2020 for postgraduate courses admission need to have at least 50 per cent marks in LLB degree.
- A relaxation of 5 per cent marks is allowed for SC and ST category candidates.
- There is no upper age limit to register for CLAT 2020 PG courses.
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2020 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2020 examination. At the time of admission, those candidates have to produce the proof of their passing the qualifying examination, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
CLAT 2020 Registrations: How to Apply CLAT 2020?
Step 1: Visit the CLAT 2020 official website.
Step 2: on the home page click ‘Register/Login’ link.
Step 3: Register through valid email id and mobile number and then fill the application form.
Step 4: Upload the documents scanned copy.
Step 5: Make the application fee payment and submit.
CLAT 2020 Application Fees
The CLAT 2020 application fee is different for different categories, which is as follows:
|General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI category candidates||Rs. 4000/-|
|SC/ST/BPL category candidates||Rs. 3500/-|
The CLAT 2020 application fee is to be paid online only through net banking/credit card or debit card. The bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online have to be beared by the applicants.
CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The entrance exam will be held through offline (paper-pen) process.
- Medium: The medium of CLAT 2020 exam will be of the English language.
- Duration: The time duration of the CLAT exam is of 120 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer of the question, 1 mark will be awarded to the candidate.
- Maximum Marks: The maximum marks for CLAT 2020 UG admission are 150 and that for PG admission is 100.
- Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 negative marking for every incorrect response.
Syllabus and Weightage for CLAT 2019 UG Exam
- English Language: English comprehension, grammar, synonyms, passages, antonyms, sentence correction, the meaning of words, fill in the blanks. There will be 28-32 questions and it will cover roughly 20% of the exam paper.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: There will be passages related to Indian Constitution, national current affairs, Indian geography and International current affairs. There will be 35-39 questions and it will cover roughly 25% of the exam paper.
- Legal Reasoning: Constitutional law, jurisprudence and other law subjects such as contract, torts, criminal law, international law, IPR etc. There will be 35-39 questions and it will cover roughly 25% of the exam paper.
- Logical Reasoning – There will be 28-32 questions and it will cover roughly 20% of the exam paper.
- Quantitative Techniques: Basic arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, sets, mensuration. (The questions would be of Class 10 level). There will be 13-17 questions and it will cover roughly 10% of the exam paper.
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern For PG Course Admission
- Maximum Marks: The maximum marks for CLAT 2020 PG admission are 150.
- There will be 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of one mark each and also 2 subjective quesions of 25 marks each.
- Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks, 800 words per essay will be based on the topics of law and contemporary issues
- Negative Marking: There will be 0.25 negative marking for every incorrect response for MCQ questions.
- Only candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
Syllabus and Weightage for CLAT 2019 PG Exam
Other Law Subjects such as Criminal Law, Contract, International Law, IPR, Jurisprudence and Torts.
CLAT 2019 Participating Institutes
There are 22 National LawUniversities among few other Law School participating for admission through CLAT 2020
Please post your queries and comments for “CLAT 2020 Registration and Application: Check CLAT Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus and other Details” on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Connect with us for regular updates, follow us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also for Higher education, Postgraduate Courses, Professional course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information.