The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Patna inviting interested and eligible candidates to apply for its two years duration Master of Technology (MTech) programme. Candidates are required to apply in online mode for IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2017 till April 17 and send the application form printout along with application fees receipt till April 24, 2017 to the IIT.
Regular students (Indian nationals) with valid and qualifying GATE score above the prescribed cut off level will be provided assistantships at the rate of Rs 12,400 per month. Aspirants can find complete details about M.Tech categories, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Fees, Application Procedure, Important Dates, etc. on this AfterGraduation page.
Categories of M.Tech
The Institute admits M.Tech students under the following categories:
- REGULAR (FULL –TIME) – These are students who work full-time for their M.Tech degrees and receive assistantships from the Institute or fellowship from any other organization funding agency.
- SPONSORED (FULL-TIME) – A candidate in this category is sponsored by a organization R&D organization, academic institution, governmental organization or industry for doing M.Tech in the Institute on a full-time basis. The applicant must be a regular employee of his/her organization with at least two years of experience at the time of admission and be engaged in professional work in the discipline in which admission is sought. Candidate will not receive any financial support from the Institute.
IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2017 Important Dates
|1.||Start of online application form||March 30, 2017|
|2.||Last date for submitting application form||April 17, 2017|
|3.||Last date for receipt of hard copy of application form||April 24, 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2017
- A minimum of 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale (55% marks or a CGPA of 5.5 in 10 point scale for SC/ST) is a must in graduation degree.
- Candidates must have a valid GATE score.
- Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees before date of registration to M.Tech programme at IIT Patna in July 2017.
- All selected candidates have to produce the certificate with regard to the marks secured in the final qualifying examination by Oct 31,2017.
- Candidates from an IIT with a minimum CPI of 8.0 need not appear for GATE.
Department-wise Eligibility Criteria
Detail eligibility criteria as mentioned by individual department for M.Tech program in IIT Patna is as below –
A) Mechatronics – Candidates must have passed B.Tech./B.E. degree in Mechanical/ Production/ Aerospace/ Electrical/ Electronics & Communication/ Instrumentation Engineering or MSc in Electronics and Instrumentation. Candidates must have a valid GATE score in ME, PI, AE, EE, EC, IN, PH, XE.
B) Mathematics & Computing – Candidates must have passed MSc in Mathematics or B.Tech./B.E. degree in IT/ ECE/ Computer Science/ Aerospace /Maths & Computing and havinge a valid GATE score in MA,EC,CS.
C) Nanoscience & Technology – Candidates must have passed MSc/Equivalent in [Nanoscience, Chemistry (Pure/Applied), Physics, Applied Physics/Solid State Physics/ Engineering Physics/ Biophysics/ Polymer Science/ Material Science] OR
B.Tech./Equivalent degree in [Engineering Physics/Polymer Engineering/ Materials & Metallurgical/ Materials/ Mechanical/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical Engineering]
Candidates must have a valid GATE score in CY, PH, MT, ME, EC, EE, XE (with Material Science or Polymer Science & Engineering)
D) Computer Science & Engineering – Candidates must have passed B.Tech./B.E. degree in Computer Science/Information Technology. Candidates must also have a valid GATE score in CS.
E) Communication System Engineering – Candidates must have passed a B.Tech./B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics & Communication with a valid GATE score in EC.
F) Mechanical Engineering – Candidates must have passed B.Tech./B.E. in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Automobile, Production, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering and must have a valid GATE score in AE, ME and PI.
G) Civil Engineering – Candidates must have passed B.Tech/B.E. degree or equivalent in Civil, Infrastructure, Construction, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering with a valid GATE score in CE.
H) Materials Science & Engineering – Candidates must have passed B.Tech./B.E. degree in Materials, Metallurgical & Materials, Chemical, Ceramics, Polymer/Rubber, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or MSc/Equivalent in Physics, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Applied Chemistry.
They must have a valid GATE score in paper MT, CH, ME, EE, EC, XE (with Materials Science or Polymer Science and Engineering or Solid Mechanics or Thermodynamics).
I) VLSI & Embedded Systems – B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. (Engineering) degree in Electrical/ Electronics/ Communication/ Instrumentations Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering with Valid GATE score in one of EE, EC, IN, CS discipline. OR
M.Sc. (Physics/Electronics) with valid GATE score in EC, IN.
IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2017 Application Procedure
Candidates applying for more than one department are required to send separate application forms. Candidates are requested to click here to fill and submit application form online.
- Application Fees: Rs.300 for Gen. and OBC aspirants and Rs.150 for SC/ST/PD/Female candidates.
- Payment Mode: Online. A copy of payment e-receipt should be sent along with the application form.
- Candidates are required to enter all personal, academic, GATE and other required details.
- A scanned image of their photograph in JPG format with a file size not exceeding 500 KB has to be uploaded.
- Applicants have to pay application fees online and print a copy of transaction.
- IIT Patna M.Tech Admissions 2017 online application generated after submission has to be printed and duly signed by the candidates.
- The application form, specified copies of certificates, self-attested testimonial and fee payment e-receipt must be placed in an envelope superscribed with Application for M.Tech. admission in “Name of the Specialisation” and sent to Assistant Registrar(Academic), Indian Institute of Technology Patna (IIT Patna), Patliputra Colony, Patna – 800 013, Bihar
IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2017 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of GATE score and personal interview. The Institute reserves the right to call a limited number of candidates for written test or/ and interview, based on performance in GATE/NET, grades/marks in the qualifying examination, etc.
Marks obtained in GATE and in personal interview will have 70% and 30% weightage respectively. Personal interview will be held to test the skills in basic science, engineering, and relevant areas. Personal interviews will be conducted at IIT Patna.
Here you got the details about IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2017. Have any doubts regarding IIT Patna M.Tech admission, you can ask us via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article “IIT Patna M.Tech Admission 2017, Apply Online By April 14” to your friends, who are seeking postgraduation admission in IIT.