The Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) has announced the availability of the Karnataka PGCET 2017 application form for the postgraduate admissions (M.Tech, MCA, MBA) in the state. The examination is commenced for granting admission to full-time and part-time postgraduate courses offered by government/private aided/private un-aided educational institutions situated in the limits of Karnataka state. The last date to fill the Karnataka PGCET 2017 application form is June 1, 2017.
The Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (Karnataka PGCET 2017) is the state level entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). Candidates must register first to fill the application form of Karnataka PGCET 2017. GATE qualified applicants are exempt from the exam but required to fill the Karnataka PGCET application form.
The entrance examination, which is offline, is for admissions to about 178 participating institutes participating in the Karnataka PGCET 2017. Applicants are requested to read the eligibility criteria and other details before filling the Application Form. Here, in this article we have mentioned the complete information about Karnataka PGCET 2017 including application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern and admission procedure.
Offered Courses through Karnataka PGCET 2017
- First year Full-Time MBA
- First year Part-Time MBA
- Part-Time M.Tech
- Quality Improvement Programme (QIP)
- Second Year MCA programme
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Important Dates
|S.No||Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Availability of Application Form||May 19, 2017|
|2||Last Day for Submission of Application Form||June 1, 2017 till 5. 30 pm|
|3||Last day to pay the fees in the bank||June 2, 2017 till Banking Hours|
|4||Downloading of Admission Ticket||June 20,2017|
|5||Karnataka PGCET 2017 Date||July 1, 2017 (ME/M.Tech/M.Arch)
July 2, 2017 (MCA/MBA)
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicant should be domicile of Karnataka state.
- Candidates who have completed minimum 7 years of their academic qualification from class I from the institutions of Karnataka.
- For admission to Tech programme, minimum 50% aggregate marks are required in B.E./B.Tech (45% in case of SC/ST candidates). Same marks criteria are required in the qualifying examination for admission to MBA programme.
- Those who have passed an undergraduate examination with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Applications or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects with 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) are eligible to apply for full-time MCA.
- For lateral entry to MCA programme, one must have passed BCA/B.Sc (IT/CS) with Mathematics at graduate level and obtained 50% aggregate marks (45% in case of SC/ST and candidates).
- Candidates who are not the origin of Karnataka are eligible for admission to those MBA/MCA seats which are surrendered by the management.
- Candidates who have valid GATE score card are not required to appear PGCET 2017 entrance examination but they have to apply online for application.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Fees
|S.No||Category of Applicants||Application Fees (in Rs.)|
|1||For OBC and General Candidates||Rs.650|
|2||For SC/ST Category Candidates||Rs.500|
Offline Mode – After the submission of the application form, an e-challan will be generated for the applicants. The print out of the challan must be taken and the payment of the application fees will have to be done at any branch of State Bank of Mysore (India). Candidates can also pay the application fee in E-payment post offices.
Online payment through net banking/credit card/debit card will also be accepted.
How to Apply for Karnataka PGCET 2017
- The Karnataka PGCET 2017 application form will be accepted only if all the details are proper, images are in order and the payment is successfully received. Candidates who have qualified in GATE must fill their GATE details.
- Candidates must register first before being able to fill the application form. All of the applicants will have to fill and submit the online application form to appear for the entrance examination by June 1, 2017.
- While filling the application form, details regarding the applicant’s personal, academic, contact information and more will have to be submitted. GATE qualified candidates will be required to fill the GATE details. Candidates must also upload their photograph, signature and left thumb impression while filling the application form.
- It is advised to the applicants that proper review of the application form must be done before signing the declaration and submitting the application form. No changes can be made after submission.
- The application fees has to be paid after the submission of the application form.
- A print out of the filled application form must be taken for later use.
Click here to Fill the Karnataka PGCET 2017 Application Form.
Karnataka PGCET 2017 Exam Pattern
The entrance examination of Karnataka PGCET 2017 will be held in offline mode. The questions will be objective based and multiple choice.
For M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch Courses:
Question paper will consist of Part-1 and Part-2. Part-1 contains 50 questions and part-2 contains 25 questions. Each question of part-1 will be of 1 mark and each question of part-2 carries 2 marks. Question paper of M.E./M.Tech/M.Arch is of total 100 marks.
For MBA Course:
Examination conducted for MBA course will consist of 100 marks. Candidates have to answer the questions in the time period of 150 minutes. The type of question paper is objective type containing four different options. Each question carries one mark.
For MCA Course:
The question paper designed for MCA course is of 100 marks with time duration of 150 minutes. All the questions asked in the examination are of objective type. Question paper will consist of Part-A and Part-B, 60 questions in Part-A of 1 mark and 20 questions in Part-B of 2 marks.
AfterGraduation wishes all the very best to applicants of Karnataka PGCET 2017. Here you got the details about entrance exam for admission into post-graduation courses in Karnataka. Have any query regarding Karnataka PGCET 2017, you can discuss us via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article “Karnataka PGCET 2017 Details : Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates” to your friends, who are interested and going for after graduation courses in Karnataka.