PGCIL Jobs Through GATE-2019 Score – The PSU, Powergrid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) has released the notification for the recruitment of Civil, Electrical and Electronics Engineers to the post of ‘Assistant Engineer Trainee‘ through GATE 2019. Those Candidates who qualified in GATE 2019 in the relevant subjects would be eligible for the PGCIL jobs through GATE 2019 score.
Power Grid Recruitment 2020 through GATE 2019 has 110 vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineer trainee. Interested and eligible candidates must, however, fill the Power Grid application form using their GATE registration number on or before February 7, 2020. Out of total 110 PGCIL Vacancies to be filled through GATE 2019, 82 are for Electrical, 10 for Electronics and 18 for Civil Engineers.
PGCIL job aspirants must read the detailed article below for more information about the parameters for eligibility, dates, Online application process, selection procedure, cutoff, pay scale etc about PGCIL recruitment through GATE 2019.
Important Dates of PGCIL Jobs Through GATE-2019
|S.No||Important Events||Important Dates|
|1||Application Form availability||January 20, 2020|
|3||Last Date of Online application and Application Fee submission||February 07, 2020 (23:59 Hrs)|
|5||Group Discussions (GD)and Personal Interviews (PI)||April 2020 (Tentative)|
READ Too: GATE Scores For PSU Recruitment
PGCIL Vacancy Details Through GATE 2019
Post Name: Assistant Engineer Trainee (AET)
- AET (Electrical) – 82 Posts (34 UR, 20 OBC (NCL), 14 SC, 06 ST, 08 EWS)
- AET (Electronics)– 10 Posts (04 UR, 02 OBC (NCL), 02 SC, 01 ST, 01 EWS)
- AET (Civil)– 18 Posts (08 UR, 04 OBC (NCL), 03 SC, 02 ST, 01 EWS)
Eligibility Criteria for Power Grid Recruitment
Power Grid has below mentioned eligibility criteria for the candidates who are interested to apply for the PGCIL AET post through GATE 2019. The details have been discussed below.
Eligibility Criteria for PGCIL Assistant Engineer Trainee 2020
1 The applicant should be of Indian nationality.
2. Qualifying Marks – General and OBC (NCL) candidates should have secured a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in the qualifying degree examination.
2. Educational Qualification
- AET (Electrical) – Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute in Electrical/ Electrical (Power)/ Electrical and Electronics/ Power Systems Engineering/ Power Engineering (Electrical) and cleared GATE 2019 in Electrical Engineering (EE) subject code.
- AET (Electronics) – Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute in Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics & Electrical Communication/ Telecommunication Engg and cleared GATE 2019 in Electronics Engineering (EC) subject code.
- AET(Civil) – Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc (Engg.) from recognized University/ Institute in Civil Engineering (CE) and cleared GATE 2019 in CE Subject.
3. Valid GATE 2019 Score in related subject
4. Age Limit: 28 Years (as per as December 31, 2019) for General category candidates. For OBC candidates, the age limit is 31 years, for SC/ST Candidates it is 33 years and for PwD candidates it is 38 years.
How to Apply for PGCIL AET 2020?
The interested and eligible candidates for the PGCIL Jobs through GATE-2019 can apply online at POWERGRID website from January 20, 2020, to February 07, 202019.
Direct Link to Apply for Asst. Engineer Trainee in POWERGRID
The candidates will be able to pay the application fees of Rs 500 via Online mode. The SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex-SM/Departmental Candidates are exempted from paying any application fees.
PGCIL Jobs Through GATE-2019 Selection Process
On the basis of GATE 2019 score (Normalized Marks out of 100), the candidates will be shortlisted for further rounds – Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI). GATE score of 2018 or prior or GATE 2020 is not valid for this recruitment.
During the calculation of the final scores, the weightage distribution is as follows:
|1||GATE Score (Out of 100)||85%|
|3||Personal Interview (PI)||12%|
Pay Scale Offered for PGCIL AET Post
During the first year of training, the selected candidates will be at pay scale of Rs. 40,000 –3%- Rs. 1,40,000 (IDA) during 1 year of training period. After completing the training successfully, the candidates will be absorbed as Engineers in E2 Scale – Rs. 50,000/- 3%- 1, 60,000/- (IDA).
Information about Service Agreement
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete their training period of one year and serve the organization for a minimum of 3 years. A service bond for Rs. 5,00,000 has to be executed by the General/OBC (NCL)/EWS category candidates. The SC/ST/PwD candidates will have to execute Rs. 2,50,000 bond.
All the Best job Aspirant Engineers. If you have any queries regarding PGCIL Jobs through GATE-2019 Score for AET post, please post on AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for more and regular updates on Higher Education, Career Guidance, Professional courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams, and education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.