Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the Combined Defence Services (CDS) I, 2020 exam at its official website for a total of 418 vacancies. With the release of notification, the online application process for UPSC CDS 2020 Exam (I) has also started and will conclude on November 19, 2019, at 6 pm.
UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2020 is scheduled to be held on February 2, 2020 (Sunday). The minimum educational qualification required to appear for CDS examination is a bachelor degree obtained from a recognized Institute or University. After the application process is over, candidates will be able to avail the facility to withdraw their application from November 26 to December 3, 2019.
Through the CDS examination, Union Public Service Commission selects candidates for admission to the 150th (DE) course at Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala course, Air Force Academy (AFA) Hyderabad training course, 113th SSC Men NT in Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai, and 27th SSC Women NT in Officers Training Academy Chennai.
Aspirants can check UPSC CDS (I) 2020 eligibility, application process, exam pattern, selection process, Vacancies in different deptt. among other details.
Details of UPSC CDS (I) 2020 Vacancies
Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 100
Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala— 45
Air Force Academy, Hyderabad— (Pre-Flying) 32
Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) — 225
Officers Training Academy, Chennai — 16
Women candidates should note that they are eligible only for Short Service Commission (Non-Technical) course at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2020 Important Dates
- Opening Date of Application: 30 October 2019
- Last Date of Online Application/Registration: 19 November 2019 till 06:00 PM
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from: 26 November to 03 December 2019 till 6:00 PM
- Date of CDS (I) Examination 2020: 02 February 2020
UPSC CDS Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- For IMA and Officers’ Training Academy – Degree from a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Engineering Degree from a recognised University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – Graduation Degree from a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For IMA— Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2002 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy— Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2002 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2001.
- For Officers’ Training Academy— Bachelor male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1996 and not later than 1st January 2002 are only eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy— Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1996 and not later than 1st January 2002.
Check UPSC CDS official notification here for more details.
CDS (I) 2020 Admit Card
Candidates shall be issued an e-admission certificate (admit card) three weeks before the commencement of the written examination and will be available on the official website.
UPSC CDS Selection Process
As per the notification, the selection procedure for this competitive examination comprises of three stages–
- Written examination: Candidates with required eligibility criteria who successfully filled the application form will be called for the written exam. The written examination has two patterns- for Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Indian Naval Academy, the subjects included in the examination are English, Mathematics and GK and for Officers’ Training Academy, the written exam pattern comprises of English and GK. The written examination will be through offline mode.
- The shortlisted candidates after the written test will be called for the Interview for intelligence and personality check at one of the services selection centres.
- Medical Fitness Test
How to Apply for UPSC CDS Exam 2020?
UPSC CDS 2020 Exam Application fee
Applicants are required to pay an application fee of Rs 200 either by depositing the money in any SBI Branch or by using net banking facility or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Note: The reserved category (Female/SC/ST) candidates are exempted from any application fee.
Here you got the details about UPSC CDS (I) Exam 2020. Wishing all the aspirants of the Combined Defence Services (I) Exam 2020 to burn their midnight oils to crack the UPSC recruitment test. Post Your feedback or queries regarding “UPSC CDS (I) 2020 Exam” on AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Stay in touch through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more and regular information on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams and preparation, Jobs/Recruitment, Career guidance among education other information.