Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (IIML) jointly with Kelley School of Business (KSB), Indiana University, USA offering one year part time Certificate Programme in Business Analytics for Executives (CPBAE). The proposed Business certificate program will have both in-residence and online learning channels so that participants get benefits of a continuous learning environment without taking long breaks from their work.
The Program will combine business strategy, business analytical tools and applications of analytics in selected business areas, mainly finance, marketing and operations. Business analytics is the use of database queries, statistics, machine learning algorithms to find patterns of relationships between data elements in large and noisy data sets, which can lead to actions that accrue organizational benefits.
The purpose of this Certificate Business Analytics program is to develop a mindset and skills for participants to identify and seize business opportunities using business analytics tools.
- The program is jointly taught by highly experienced faculty from IIM Lucknow, India and the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, USA
- A combination of an online learning platform and class room is used. It offers flexibility to the participants to attend online classes from any location.
- Training on enterprise miner by SAS Institute (India) Private Limited.
- Aspirants should have Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in graduation or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years full-time post qualification work experience before commencement of the program,
- For applicants with exceptional qualification and/or industry experience, a relaxation in the minimum eligibility criteria may be considered.
- Preference will be given to the applicants with graduation in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics and Statistics.
- Executives working in the domain of Business Analytics are especially encouraged to apply.
Fee Structure for CPBAE Admission 2016
Total fee for this programme was Rs.435,000/- per participant + Service Tax @ 15% or as Govt. of India norms applicable guidelines and is payable in four installments. Fee includes tuition fee, accommodation (twin sharing basis) and food for the duration of residencies and course material. Participants will have to bear their travel expenses for attending residencies.
Application Fee – Rs.1000/-
- Complete filled Application Form, along with attested photocopies of Qualification and Experience Certificates.
- Statement of Purpose
- Under-graduate – Concentration, CGPA
In all matters relating to admission, the decision of the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML) will be final and binding on the applicant. No correspondence will be entertained from the applicant regarding his/ her non-selection. The institute reserves the right to cancel or postpone this programme.
This program consists of four modules. Each module consists of 5 days residencies and online delivery over CANVAS, the Kelley School of Business online learning platform. The modules and their contents are discussed in the following paragraphs. Each module will be jointly taught by faculty from IIML and KSB.
|Module 1||Module 2||Module 3||Module 4|
|Introduction to Business Analytics||Data Mining and Predictive Analysis||Simulation and Optimization||Developing Value through Analytics Applications|
The certificate program consisting of 240 hours, divided into four modules. Each module will have 5 days of residential classes including weekend at IIM Lucknow campus and some part of the module will be delivered over Internet via CANVAS course management system. Applicants are expected to meet technical requirements for this program & CANVAS course management system at their own expense.
Each module is of nine to ten weeks duration. Online classes will be held for two hours twice per week on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Performance and Certification
Class performance will be based on following components:
- In-Residence Group projects
- Written exams
Faculty members may choose a few or all above stated components. Typically evaluation load will be on 60% from individual performance and 40% from group performance.
Upon successful completion of this program, candidates will be awarded a joint certificate from IIML and Kelley School of Business, Indiana University. In addition, certificate of participation will be awarded by SAS and a separate graduate certificate from the Indiana University Kelley School of Business. (Image Courtesy: Pixabay)