Candidates appearing for Agricultural Engineering (AG) subject in GATE 2020 must know GATE 2020 Agricultural Engineering syllabus, Best reference books to study, GATE 2020 Exam Pattern and preparation tips of the subject for better GATE score.
GATE i.e. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national level examination held all over India. The GATE score/rank is a gateway for admissions to postgraduate studies in engineering. (ME, MTech, MS, Direct PhD) in institutes like IITs, IISc and other prestigious Institutes as well as by PSUs in recruitment.
The GATE 2019 examination was conducted for 24 different fields only and Agricultural Engineering is one of them, moreover, Biomedical Engineering is the recently added to the list for GATE 2020 subjects (now 25 Subjects). Since the GATE 2020 examination is to be conducted on 01, 02, 08 and 09 February, the candidates must be aware of all the details required. The GATE 2020 will be conducted by IIT Delhi.
Check out the article to know more about the pattern, preparation tips, preparation time table, scope, study materials etc.
Agricultural Engineering GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
The examination will be a computer-based examination with two types of questions. These are Objective type and Numerical Type. In Numerical Type, some numerical value has to be answered without any options provided.
|Examination Mode||Computer-based Test|
|No. of questions||65|
|Sections||General Aptitude, Mathematics and Subject Specific|
- General Aptitude: 5 questions carry 1 mark each while the other 5 questions carry 2 marks each.
- Mathematics: 5 questions carry 1 mark each and other 5 questions carry 2 marks each.
- Agriculture Engineering: 20 questions carry 1 mark each. Also, the rest 25 questions carry 2 marks for every correct answer. Approximately equal weightage is given to the questions from 3 sections of GATE 2020 Agricultural Engineering Syllabus – Farm Machinery, Post-Harvest, Soil & Water and Irrigation & Drainage.
Note: There is no negative marking for Numerical Type. However, a negative marking of 1/3 will be done for both 1 and 2 marks question of MCQ.
GATE 2020 AG Preparation Tips
1. It is important to have thorough about the current exam pattern and syllabus.
2. Study materials: Choose books and study materials which are the best for you. There are several standard study materials available in the market. Choose the one with the best explanations and which is easy to understand.
3. Time table: An efficient study plan is consists of the time table with sufficient time allocated for every section. Know your weak areas. Allot time in a way so as to cover every topic efficiently without costing the time for other sections.
4. Practice as many questions as possible. Doing so not only highlights your weak areas but also helps you to manage the time. It also brings out a variety of questions which might be new.
5. Do not forget to make notes. These are very handy during the examination. Include important concepts, formulas in the notes. These will help in revision at the 20th hour.
6. It is very important to keep a healthy mind and body. Do not forget to take adequate sleep and eat healthily.
Agricultural Engineering GATE 2020 Books
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics||Dr B. S. Grewal|
|Introductory Methods of numerical analysis||SS Sastry|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Erwin Kreyszig|
|Agriculture Engineering||Handbook Of Agricultural Engineering||Indian Council Of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Introduction to Food Process Engineering||P. G. Smith|
|Principles of Agricultural Engineering Volume-1||T. P. Ojha and A.M. Michael|
|Fundamentals Of Food Engineering||D. G Rao|
|Concept and Application in Agricultural Engineering||Dash & Mohanty|
|Soil And Water Conservation Engineering||R Suresh|
|Irrigation Engineering||N. N. Basak|
|Tractors and Their Power Units||John B. Liljedahl|
|General Aptitude||Objective General English||RS Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal
|Verbal Ability||Solved papers on verbal and numerical ability||ACE Engineering Academy|
Preparation Plan for 6 Months
First of all, relax! There’s an ample time left to thoroughly prepare for the examination and crack. Secondly, make an examination plan to properly divide the time. There are still 6-7 months left for the preparation.
- The technical section is considered the toughest of all the sections. Hence, Give this the maximum time. 3 months should be given to the technical section for its preparation and also for the practising of the questions.
- Engineering Mathematics and General aptitude are considered scoring. Hence, give each 1 month for the preparation. There are many several contents available online for aptitude questions to be cracked by easy tricks.
- The last month must solely be given for the revision of the important topics marked during the initial preparation. This month must also be dedicated to the practising of the mock tests.
Scope Of Agricultural Engineering
The aspirants with good scores are hired by NC Department of Transportation, NC Department of Agriculture. After having done with the Post Graduate courses, the candidates are also hired by various Research and Development Cells.
Please share your inputs and suggestions to bring more useful articles for GATE aspirants. Post your all queries and comments regarding ‘GATE 2020 Agricultural Engineering Syllabus and AG Exam Pattern’ in the below comment box or on AfterGraduation Forum and we would be happy to help you.
Stay connected with us for updates on Entrance Exam Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams Information, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.