The AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme is a programme by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) which provides opportunities for the talented Indian citizens to explore the field of technical research. It is a nurturing platform for talented individuals, which promotes collaborative research between Institutes and Industries.
The National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme (NDF Scheme) promotes research culture in AICTE approved institutions. This programme involves the admission of full-time meritorious research scholars by providing research fellowship. The official notification of All India Council for Technical Education National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme 2018 is out. The following article spreads light on main highlighting features of the scheme.
Thrust Areas in which the AICTE fellowship is provided for the research scholars are :
- Big Data, Machine Learning, and AI
- Nuclear Engineering and Allied Technologies
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- IoT, I2oT and Embedded Systems
- Electric and Hybrid Mobility
- Water purification, conservation, and management
- Energy Efficiency, Renewable, and Sustainable Energy
- Smart Cities, Housing and Transportation
- Nano Science and Technology
- Drug modelling and Development
- Smart Technologies for Agriculture and Food Industry
- Biomedical and Rehabilitation
- Smart Materials and Smart Sensors
- Digital Manufacturing.
Eligibility Criteria for AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme
- The fellowship/contingency will only be granted to research scholars admitted in research institute which is approved by AICTE. National Nodal Centre will undertake the procedure for selecting candidates according to the eligibility criteria for Doctoral Fellowship grant.
- The candidate should have secured more than 75% marks or cumulative grade point average of 7.5 on the scale of 10 or equivalent at both graduate (B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm) and post-graduate (M.E/M.Tech/M.Pharm) level. In addition to this, the candidate must have qualified GATE/GPAT at least once during previous five years. For SC/ST/PH applicants, the percentage requirement is 70 percent marks, or a cumulative grade point average of 7.0 out of 10 or equivalent.
- The applicant must be less than 30 years of age as on 31st August of the year of application. In case of reserved categories, however, age relaxation of 5 years will be applicable (SC/ST/PWD/Woman).
Reservation for the fellowship will be according to Central Reservation Policy i.e. 15 percent to SC applicants, 7.5 percent to ST applicants and 27 percent to OBC candidates (NCL only).
Important Dates for NDF Scheme
Portal opening date: May 07, 2018
Access to online submission of applications: May 12, 2018
The closing of online applications submission: June 10, 2018
Final shortlist of students eligible for interview: June 14, 2018
Interview process: June 18, 2018 – July 10, 2018
Shortlist of Selected candidates and their allotted institutes: July 15, 2018
Reporting: July 31, 2018
Duration and Intake of the NDF Scheme
- The period of the scheme will likely be 3 Years. No additional extension will be allowed, however, in particular cases, with the recommendation of Institute and endorsement of National Nodal Centre, an extension of 6 months may be approved. Additional expansion of 6 months could be awarded on the recommendations together with the approval of AICTE.
- The total number of applicants selected under this scheme annually could be limited to 150 each year. There are 3 candidates per Institute approximately, however it is subject to the availability of seats in the research centre and need of a research centre by applicants.
In case of vacancy of allotted seats, the vacant seats will be allocated to another institution from the Nodal Centre after the AICTE approves the process.
Allowances Under NDF Scheme
The allowances to the candidate include fellowship of Rs. 28,000/- a month + House rent allowance if in case the hostel accommodation/Institute lodging isn’t available. Contingency grant will be admissible at the rate of Rs.15,000/- per annum.
Application and Selection Procedure
- Candidate should visit the portal http://aicte-ndf.psgtech.ac.in for submitting the online application. Based on updated Information associated with receipt of completed application, candidates would be called for the interview, pertaining to NDF admission.
- Candidate must read the info booklet available from the aforementioned website thoroughly before completing the fields In the online application.
- Candidate should Be sure appropriate Institute / Discipline codes have been chosen, all applicable details are filled in the respective fields.
- The candidate must submit the online application form together with applicable enclosures cited in the Info Booklet before the last date of online application.
- The candidate must also pay an application fee through online for Rs. 500/- in regard to General/OBC class students and also for Rs. 250/- with regard to reserved category students (SC/ST/PH).
- Please be aware that no Corrections/ additions/deletions into the recommendation format are allowed. Changes to the format of this forwarding/recommendation notice won’t be accepted.
- The application number given during the online registration ought to be quoted in all correspondences. If the changed application number might be quoted in most scenarios.
- Short-listed candidates will get Interview Call/Admission letter from the respective NDF Coordinator Of the Institute, in which they’ve applied to find admission. The Principal Coordinator NDF won’t send any Call letter to the candidate directly.
- The Interview schedule is final and can’t be changed/ changed under any conditions. Candidates may plan their journey accordingly.
ALSO READ: Why Do IITians Go For MBA Than M.Tech?
Here you got the details about AICTE National Doctoral Fellowship Scheme. Have any doubts or comments, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box. Stay in touch with us for more on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.