ICAI Post Qualification Course in Insurance and Risk Management (DIRM) is an insurance-industry-specific course for the members of the Institute to enable them to make forays in the emerging sector. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the PQC in Insurance and Risk Management technical examination Nov. 2018 schedule and application forms.
This test is open to the ICAI members only, which is scheduled in the month of November this year. The last date for receipt of application at the Institute’s Headquarters, New Delhi without late fees is August 27, 2018.
The Course DIRM was conceptualized as a capacity building measure for Institute’s members and embodies in itself an integrated approach to conceptual learning through self-study and practice and experience through Crash Courses, Orientation Course, and seminars.
As the globalization is impacting the business environment so the understanding of the fundamental tenets of the Risk Management has become the order of the day and imperative for Accounts Professionals. The Post Qualification Course in Insurance and Risk Management (DIRM) was launched after the concurrence of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) and approval of the Government of India.
The course will help in professional developments as well as change the approach towards Risk and help the professionals in its Identification, evaluation & adopt suitable measures for mitigation. This course will help in enhancing the employability and will certainly enable professionals in their future career growth.
Interested and eligible candidates can obtain the application form from regional and branch offices of ICAI on payment of INR 100 (Hundred) or can be downloaded from the official website. AfterGraduation sharing the important dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fees, Syllabus, Application Form and other details as below for interested and eligible aspirants.
DIRM Technical Examination Schedule
|Application Start||August 06, 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of application form at the Institute’s Headquarters in New Delhi||August 27, 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of application form at the Institute’s Headquarters at New Delhi (with late fees)||September 04, 2018|
|Issue of Admit Cards (through speed post)||From October 18, 2018|
|Dates and Timings of Examination||November 11, 13, 15 and 17, 2018, 02.00 p.m. to 05.00 p.m. (IST)|
Special Note: There will be no change in the examination schedule even if any examination day is declared as a Public Holiday by the Central Government or any State Government.
Eligibility Criteria for IRM Course Technical Examination
- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India would be eligible to join the course and appear for the exam.
- No candidate shall be admitted to the IRM Technical Examination unless he/she obtains the Eligibility Certificate from the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance Committee of the Institute.
- A list of candidates eligible to appear for IRM Course Technical Examination November 2018 will be hosted by the Committee on Banking, Insurance, and Pension on the Website of the Institute www.icai.org
- Candidates who are not in receipt of Eligibility Certificate are advised, in their own interest, to pursue their case with the office of the Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance Committee. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi-110 002 so as to obtain Eligibility Certificate.
- Candidates may submit the Examination Application Form pending receipt of Eligibility Certificate by them, in case they have otherwise fulfilled the requisite eligibility criteria.
Insurance And Risk Management Examination Fee
Cost of Application Form: Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only)
Without Late fee: Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand Only)
With Late fee: Rs. 2600/- (Rupees Two Thousand Six Hundred Only)
Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred) extra to above fees if the examination form is downloaded from the Institute’s website.
(Note: Candidates are advised not to send any fee other than examination fee along with the Examination Application Form)
Mode of Payment
The Examination Fee should be paid only by way of Demand Draft which may be of any Scheduled Bank. Drawn in favour of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” and should be payable at New Delhi only. Candidates are advised to furnish the following details on the reverse of the Demand Draft in their own interest.
- IRM Registration No.
- Centre Opted
- Examination Application Form No
How To Apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can obtain the application form from regional and branch offices of ICAI on payment of INR 100 or can be downloaded from the official website.
- Fill the details required as recorded in the Membership Certificate.
- Please attach the required amount of DD, Copy of the ICAI membership, Admit card Proforma, Address slip along with application form and send to ICAI before the last date as mentioned above.
- The application form together with DD towards examination fee, of any Scheduled Bank to be sent by Speed Post / Registered Post Only in the special envelope attached to the Form to the Joint Secretary (Exams.), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg, New Delhi – 110 002.
- Candidates are advised to retain the receipt issued by Post Office till the receipt of Admit Card.
- Candidates are advised not to send the application through courier.
- Candidates should not submit/send the application forms to regional / branch offices of the Institute.
The assessment test will be conducted in all the major cities over the country. 192 Cities have been finalized as the test centres provided that the sufficient number of candidates offer themselves to appear therefrom.
DIRM Examination Subjects
A candidate for Post Qualification Course in Insurance and Risk Management Technical Examination shall be examined in the following subjects:
Module I – Principles and Practice of Life Insurance
Module II – Principles and Practice of General Insurance
Module III – Risk Management and Reinsurance
Module IV – Business Strategic Planning & Information Technology in Insurance Sector
The questions will be set in such manner that the application skills of the candidates are tested. The questions will include Case Studies and Objective Type Questions also.
Passing the IRM Technical Examination
A candidate for the Insurance and Risk Management Technical Examination shall be declared ordinarily to have passed the examination if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each of the papers and 50% marks in the aggregate of all the papers.
Here you got the details about Post Qualification Course in Insurance and Risk Management (DIRM) Nov. 2018 Examinations. Have any doubts or comments, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for more on Higher Education, Professional Course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information. Connect with us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation.