BIS Recruitment 2020: The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has released the notification for the recruitment of GATE qualified engineering graduates. The online application form for the post of Scientific Assistant can be submitted by visiting the BIS official website (direct link given in the below content).
The vacancies are released for the recruitment of bright, young dynamic Engineering Graduates for the post of Scientist-‘B’ in the specified disciplines and categories. Candidates who have qualified GATE 2018 or GATE 2019 or GATE 2020 can participate in this BIS recruitment drive.
Interested and eligible candidates can submit their online application for the recruitment for the post of BIS Scientific Assistant in the prescribed format on or before March 31, 2020, through BIS official website.
BIS Vacancy Details 2020
Scientific Assistant – 150 Posts in various disciplines as per details given below:-
- Bio-medical Engineering – 3
- Bio-Technology – 1
- Chemical Engineering – 16
- Civil Engineering – 7
- Computer Engineering – 11
- Electrical Engineering – 19
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 5
- Food Technology – 14
- Petro-Chemical Engineering – 1
- Mechanical Engineering – 48
- Metallurgical Engineering – 25
BIS 2020 Recruitment Important Dates
- Starting Date of Application – 02 March 2020
- Last Date to Submit the Online Application – 31 March 2020
Eligibility Criteria for BIS Scientific Post
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent with not less than 60% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates).
- He/she should the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) score of 2018/2019/2020.
The upper age limit required to apply for the post is 30 Years as on 31st March 2020.
For SC/ST/OBC/ Persons with Benchmark Disabilities/ExServicemen, relaxation in the upper age limit shall be as notified by Central Government, from time to time.
Selection Procedure for BIS Scientific Post
The shortlisting of candidates for the next round of selection i.e Personal Interview round will be based on the valid score of GATE 2018, GATE 2019 or GATE 2020.
Candidates shall be selected discipline wise on the basis of merit as determined by the aggregate marks obtained by giving eighty-five percent (85%) weightage to GATE Score and fifteen percent (15%) weightage to the marks obtained in the interview.
How to Apply for BIS Scientific Job 2020
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the post pf BIS Scientific officer in the prescribed format from 02 March 2020 to 31 March 2020 through the BIS website.
The application fee for the below category of applicants is –
• Gen/ OBC Applicants – Rs. 100
• SC/ST/ ExServiceman/ Person with benchmark disability/Women Applicants – No Fee
Pay Scale Offered for BIS Scientific -B Posts
Selected candidates will get a salary of Rs. 87,000 per month. The service benefits of Leave/LTC/Medical benefits are admissible including Leave encashment for 15 days in a year as per BIS guidelines/Central government rules.
All the Best job Aspirant Engineers. If you have any queries regarding BIS Scientific Assistant Posts through GATE Score, please post in the below comment box.
Stay connected through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more and regular updates on Higher Education, Career Guidance, Professional courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams, Jobs, Placement, recruitment, and education other information.