BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) invites applications for admission to Doctoral Programme (Ph.D.) at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad campus under Full Time and Part Time scheme during the Second semester 2017-18. The last date to complete the BITS Pilani PhD Programme application form online is 5:00 PM, December 14, 2017.
BITS Pilani is a “Deemed to be University” under Section 3 of UGC Act since 1964. Its campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai provide an all-around educational and co-curricular experience that is second to none in India.
We have brought all the details for aspirants about Application Procedure, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Procedure, Fees, Important Dates/Deadline for BITS Pilani PhD programme application.
On Campus/Part Time BITS Pilani PhD Programme
Admission to On-Campus/Part time PhD program for the second semester 2017-18 at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses of BITS is open. The last date for submission of completed application form is 5:00 PM, December 14, 2017.
Applications are invited for admission to PhD programme at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under ‘Full Time’ and ‘Part Time’ scheme in following Departments during Second Semester 2017-18
Yes- A department does intend to admit student under specific scheme
No/NA- A department does not intend to admit student under specific scheme
Important Dates For BITS Pilani PhD Programme
Eligibility for Admissions
- Any Higher Degree such as M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence.
- For Ph.D. Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with a minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a written test/interview for selections.
- Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to come to designated campuses at Pilani / Goa / Hyderabad, for test and/or interview.
- The seats under full-time schemes are limited so preference will be given to candidates working in ongoing sponsored projects in the Institute, and the CSIR/UGC- NET qualified candidates.
- Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be admitted under this scheme.
- Those admitted to full-time PhD programme will be considered for Project/Research Assistantship upto Rs. 25,000/- per month.
- Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other developmental programmes of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
Fee Structure (For the academic year 2017-18)
All fees are to be paid in advance. Only caution deposit and mess advance are refundable after adjustment of dues at the time of withdrawal from the Institute. This applies to prospective candidates who are seeking admission as well as ongoing students of the Institute.
* The above prescribed semester fees is for the student admitted in the academic year 2017-18. For these students, the semester, term, and admission fees will be revised upward every year, but will not increase beyond 15% each year (unless the government announces any new lavy/tax, which will be passed on to all existing students irrespective of their year of entry)
BITS Pilani PhD Programme Entrance Exam
There would be two tests for the shortlisted applicants. Test-I will be common to all disciplines and Test-II will be discipline specific. Test-I will comprise of the Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, and General Awareness. Based on the performance of the tests, Candidates would be shortlisted for Interview.
Instruction to Candidate
- During online application, Once you confirm the correctness of entered data it will be recorded and you will not be allowed to change it thereafter. Therefore before confirming ensure the correctness of all entered data.
- Before printing out the filled form, the system will generate a unique application number for you. Note down this number without fail and use it in your future communication.
- After completing the form online, you will be asked to take printouts of the filled form. You should take two copies of the print out, complete the form and send one copy of the same with the proof of fee payment by registered post /speed post to ‘Dean Admissions, BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan – 333 031 (India)’ so as to reach on or before 5:00 PM on December 14, 2017. You should keep the second copy with you for your reference.
- After sending the application form by post, please check the status of your application at http://www.bitsadmission.com/ and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a printer attached to the computer, you can go to the printout page again by entering the personal details and the application number.
- While applying online, do not use the ‘Back’ button on the toolbar of your browser. Use the links and buttons available on the page to move from one page to another. Further, when you have completed applying, close all the open browser windows so that others cannot copy your personal details.
All notices/shortlists will be put on admission website. Candidates are advised to check this website regularly. No written communication will be sent to candidates. Please post your Feedback or queries regarding BITS Pilani PhD (doctoral) programme on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Connect with us for all latest information on higher degree admission through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.