CAT 2018 Mock Test with some special features has been released by the convener of the CAT examination, IIM Calcutta (IIMC) on CAT’s official website –iimcat.ac.in. The CAT 2018 Mock test has 100 questions divided into 3 sections and is a complete guide on CAT 2018 syllabus and CAT 2018 exam pattern. Candidates who have applied for Common Admission Test, CAT 2018 can take the mock test to get familiar with the exam pattern and practice well to prepare for the main exam scheduled for November 25, 2018.
CAT 2018 aspirants are advised to appear for the CAT 2018 mock test released by IIM Calcutta on the official website. Experts believe that the official released mock tests are a brilliant source for assessing the exam paper pattern and also gauging the kind of questions to expect.
The official CAT 2018 Mock Test is the most authentic source to familiarise yourself with the actual CAT 2018 exam pattern, changes in topics in CAT 2018 syllabus, sectional composition, type and pattern of questions expected in CAT 2018 exam and the scoring pattern.
CAT Mock Test is the best tool to analyze your preparation, exam performance and identify your weak areas. Depending on the analysis, you need to work hard on your weaker section and focus on solving more questions from those sections. This exercise is to master each concept well before the exam. These time-bound tests will also help in improving your speed and accuracy in solving the questions.
This is the first time that the CAT 2018 official mock test with 100 questions has been released even before the release of CAT 2018 Admit Card. AfterGraduation believes that the last month of CAT preparation should be devoted to solving Mock Tests. Basic instructions and links to the official CAT 2018 Mock Test is provided below.
Special Features in CAT 2018 Mock Test
IIM Calcutta has made three important changes in the release of CAT 2018 Mock Test:
- Separate CAT 2018 Mock Test Navigation Guide PDF Released along with the test to understand.
- Separate login link provided for candidates with normal vision.
- Separate Login Link is provided for the candidates who have low vision with two magnifying glass icons at the top of the screen. You can click on zoom-in and zoom out option for the display of the question.
How to take CAT 2018 Mock Test?
Step 1 – Visit official website – iimcat.ac.in or Direct link to access CAT 2018 Mock Test
Step 2 – Click on ‘CAT 2018 Mock Test’ under Quick Tour of CAT 2018.
Step 3 – Enter ‘Login ID’ and ‘Password’.
Step 4 – Mock Test will appear, go through the instructions.
Step 5 – Attempt the online Mock Test.
Candidates are also advised to carefully go through the general instructions available with the CAT 2018 mock test. Mock tests have similar general instructions as original CAT examination. So candidates should go through it carefully and familiarize themselves with the process. Candidates should attempt the exam with the same mindset as they’ve been attempting CAT 2018 on exam day, November 25.
According to experts questions in the Mock test are set on the same difficulty level and more likely, they may even come in the CAT examination. Understanding the instructions would save them precious time. Basic instructions for CAT 2018 are also summarized below.
Basic Instructions for CAT 2018
1. Candidates will be provided with 180 minutes for attempting the CAT 2018 examination and for PwD category candidates, an additional 20 minutes for each section will be given 240 minutes to attempt the examination.
2. No candidate is allowed to leave the examination hall before 180 minutes which is the completion of the exam.
3. As soon as candidates will start answering questions of one section the timer will start. After 60 mins, the timer will stop and the particular section will be locked, the submit button will be activated on the screen as they have to submit the first section attempted. If you do not submit, it will be auto-submitted.
4. After submission/auto-submission summary of solved answers will be displayed on the screen. After this second section of the examination will appear on screen and process will repeat for all 3 sections.
Analysis of CAT 2018 Mock Test
If the CAT 2018 test paper adheres to the CAT 2018 official Mock test released by IIM, You may find fewer Non-MCQs (No-penalty) questions in CAT 2018 as against past 2 years.
As revealed in IIMs’ CAT 2018 Mock Test, below is an expectation to be the structure and content of CAT 2018 Test paper –
The DILR section in CAT 2018 exam may contain only 6 Non-MCQs as against earlier 8 while Quantitative Ability (QA) section may consist of only 7 Non-MCQs as against 7 in 2019 and 10 in 2015. This will increase the risk of getting negative marking in more questions as wrong answers in Non-MCQs are not imposed with any negative marking. Non-MCQs offer higher scoring chances as the candidates have no fear of negative marking while attempting.
ALSO READ: Books And Study Plan To Crack CAT 2018
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The examination will be of 180 minutes and candidates will be allotted 60 minutes for answering questions in each below-mentioned section and they will be restricted to switch from one section to another. The questions will be in three sections —
|Sections||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Ability.|
|Question type||MCQs and Non-MCQs|
|Total time duration||3 hours or 180 minutes|
The marking scheme for CAT 2018 is as follows:
- For the correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded for both MCQs and Non-MCQs.
- For incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted for MCQ and no marks will be deducted for a Non MCQ type question.
- With 28 Non-MCQs present in sample test, if you can crack 8 correct and 16 wrong, you will get rewarded for 8 correct answers but will not be penalized for 16 wrong answers – a win-win situation.
Also, your responses would be colour coded as mentioned in the Mock Test. Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully and go through the Mock Test with patience.
If you have any queries or comments regarding “CAT 2018 Mock Test”, please post in below comment box.
All the Best CAT 2018 Aspirants..!!
Connect with us for more updates on Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.
Stay connected for World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.