CAT 2020 Preparation in 6 Months: There are no shortcuts to the road that leads to success. Dedicated and smart preparation could take you towards your goal of securing a high percentile and admission to top Business School. But, many such aspirants don’t know when and how to start CAT 2020 preparation. Read this article on how to start preparing for MBA Entrance exam, CAT 2020 to get success in the first attempt.
Common Admission Test 2020 is going to be held in November 2020 month in two sessions. This is a computer-based test (CBT). The CAT exam is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to MBA for the session 2021 in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges or Institutes in India.
How to Start Preparation for CAT 2020 in 6 Months?
As the exam is of the national level so there is no doubt that it would be easy for the candidates. The candidates should know how to prepare for CAT 2020 in a short span of time.
In this article, we will let you know about how to crack CAT 2020 in 6 months. Below given are some preparation strategy which candidate should follow to clear CAT 2020 in 170-180 days.
6 Steps for 6 Months
- Understand the Syllabus/Exam Content
- Go through Exam pattern and Finish the Basics
- Attempt ample Mock test
- Revisit the Sections
- Improve Mock Scores
- Revise Revise Revise
- CAT syllabus contains Sections – Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Aptitude; Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
- While you go through the syllabus, Be very careful as it is too vast and lengthy and also ‘don’t forget the cashews while you are busy collecting peanuts’. Focus on the main and important topics.
- There are certain topics from where the questions are being generally asked. We have mentioned some topics from each section which are considered important for the examination point of view.
Analogies and reverse analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, facts inference judgments, critical reasoning, syllogism, summary questions, passage-based questions.
Line and Pie Charts, Column and Bar graphs, Area graph, Venn diagram, Caselets and Tables. Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Number and letter series, Syllogism, Clocks, calendars and cubes, Directions, Blood relations, Logical sequence, Matrix and linear arrangement
Ratio & Proportion, Logarithm, Time & Work, Number system, Geometry, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Mixtures and Alligations, Functions, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry and Mensuration
Go through CAT Exam pattern
- In the CAT Online exam, there are 100 questions to be done in 180 minutes. Candidates need to be very careful about the time, that which question to attempt first and which later.
- There are two types of questions asked in the examination – MCQ and Subjective type of Question.
- For each correct answer, 3 marks would be awarded to the candidate and One mark will be deducted for the wrongly attempted in MCQ type questions.
- Note: for subjective type questions, there will be no negative marks.
|Section||Time Duration||Number of questions (Tentative)||Total marks|
|Section I||Quantitative Ability (QA)||1 hour||34||102|
|Section II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)||1 hour||32||96|
|Section III||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||1 hour||34||102|
- If you want to crack CAT in 6 months then there is only one thing which will help you the most and that is time management.
- Our expert and previous CAT toppers said ‘As the CAT preparation time goes on reducing month after month, with every passing day, you need to revise your CAT preparation schedule by revisiting your CAT preparation strategy to synchronise it with remaining CAT preparation Time.’
- Candidates are requested to go for good study material which suits your preparation requirement.
- Ask your seniors or to the coaching centre faculty for that.
- Candidates must make the notes of the main point of the subjects.
- The notes will help them to revise in short span of time, the last days of the examination.
- If you are completed the preparation with your subjects then you must attend the mock tests.
- These tests will help you improve your performance. You can analyze your marks and thus your weak areas which need your more attention and strong areas where you need to prepare less for CAT exam.
- Solve as many mocks test as you can wit proper analysis of your performance, as without analysis of mock, attempting a mock test may not be useful.
All the Best CAT 2020 Aspirants..!!
Here you got the details on “CAT 2020 Preparation in 6 Months”. Please post your queries and Comments in below comment box.
Connect and follow us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for the latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Entrance Exams and their preparation, Career Enhancement Courses, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes.
World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.