CLAT 2018 conducting authority, National University of Advanced Legal Studies Kochi, has postponed the release of Common Law Admission Test, CLAT 2018 admit cards/hall tickets to April 26 due to technical reasons. The CLAT 2018 admit cards were scheduled to be released online on Friday, April 20, 2018, by the NUALS Kochi.
Due to technical issues, the downloading process has been postponed to next week. As per the information shared on notice board of CLAT official website, ‘Owing to some technical reasons, the downloading of Admit Card will commence only from April 26, 2018.’
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national level common entrance Law exam, conducted on rotational basis by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) for seeking admissions to their Under-Graduate (UG) five-year integrated law programmes (BA LLB, BCom LLB, B.Sc LLB and BBA LLB) /Post-Graduate (PG) Law degree programmes LLM offered by these 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) of India.
The CLAT Scores are considered by 19 National Law Universities of India, various government undertaking colleges and private law colleges across the country for admission into law programmes.
Candidates who had applied for CLAT 2018 need to wait and return to the official website on Thursday, April 26 to download their Admit Cards/ Hall Tickets. The Admit Cards will be available online to download until May 12, 2018, a day before the CLAT examination.
CLAT 2018 is scheduled to be organized on May 13, 2018, next month, for candidates seeking admissions to Five-Year Integrated Law Degree (Honors) Undergraduate programme and Two-Year Postgraduate programme LL.M. Degree in the 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) across the country. The papers will be organized from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm i.e. candidates will be given two hours to attempt their exam.
The CLAT 2018 admit cards can be checked and downloaded from the official website: clat.ac.in on or after April 26.
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The examination for the Undergraduate programme will be of 200 marks while the examination for the Postgraduate programme will be of 150 marks. Negative marking of 0.25 marks is applicable for each wrong answer.
Exam Pattern for CLAT Undergraduate Candidates
|Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Questions||20 Marks|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|English including Comprehension||40 Questions||40 Marks|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
Exam Pattern for CLAT Post Graduate Candidates
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Jurisprudence||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Constitutional Law||50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Other law subjects like Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, Property Law, Intellectual Property Law, etc
|50 Questions||50 Marks|
|Total||150 Questions||150 Marks|
CLAT 2018 Important Dates
|Issue of Admit Card||April 26, 2018|
|Last date to download admit card||May 13, 2018|
|Online CLAT 2018 Examination||May 13, 2018|
|Announcement of CLAT 2018 Result||May 31, 2018 (Tentative)|
Steps to Download CLAT 2018 Admit Cards
- Log on the CLAT official website: www.clat.ac.in.
- Enter your registered email ID and password.
- Click on ‘Login’ button
- The CLAT 2018 Admit Card will be displayed on your screen.
- Check your CLAT 2018 e-admit card details.
- Download and take printout for future reference use
The candidates need to carry the Admit Card or Hall Ticket to the Examination Hall. The candidates shall read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and carry all the requisite documents to the Examination Hall.
CLAT 2018 Participating Institutes
Besides the above, candidates also need to look for the list of participating institutes of CLAT 2018. The 19 participating NLU’s in the order of their year of establishment are:
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research (NALSAR), University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
AfterGraduation wishes CLAT 2018 Aspirants a very Best Luck. Please post your queries and Comments regarding CLAT 2018 Admit Cards issue, CLAT 2018 Preparation and Strategy of Yours, on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. All the best to Law Aspirants and Start Your preparation. Connect with us for more updates, follow Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter
AfterGraduation team Wishes Good luck for your better future..!!