There are many courses which can be pursue with CA or CS. However the choice and decision depends upon many factors like one’s own interest, cost, duration, time devotion etc. depending upon circumstances. So, explore your own interest and then decide what to excel your future.
Some Of The Options:
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) – This is the long term duration course with more than 3 years. The combination of CA+CFA is the value addition to grab the opportunities to the profiles of Analysts, Investment banking and Portfolio Management.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) – This is the medium term duration course depending upon your devotion and level of knowledge. The combination of CA+CPA helps to build an expert knowledge in the field of Accounting and Auditing.
- CS (Company Secretary) – A foundation level entrant may take a minimum of three years to complete the course. The combination of CA+CS recommends the highly position to grab the opportunity of Secretarial Head along with Account and Finance Head. CS is a very good combination with CA as far as course content and understanding the corporate environment is concerned. CS can be pursue along with the course of CA keeping in mind the rules and regulations of CA, for that the Form no 112 is to be filled and send to ICAI institute for seeking permission, which is easily granted.
- ICWA (Institute of Cost and Work Accountants of India) – A foundation level entrant may take a minimum of three years to complete the course. The combination of CA+ ICWA is the best thing to work in the manufacturing company, as ICWA course provides an ample opportunity to work on controlling costs using the accounting techniques, also CA course gives an opportunity to study cost and management accountancy.
- CMA (Certified Management Accounting) – This is the long term duration course with more than 3 years. The combination of CA+CMA is the value addition to grab the opportunities to the profiles of Business Applications, Business Analysis, Strategic Management and Management Accounting and Reporting.
Further there are many certification programmes like, CIFRS, NCFM, and CMA (US) etc. NCFM course is conducted by the Indian Stock Exchanges and concerned with security market.
Need Your Attention:
In today’s time ICAI membership only is not enough. To improve the chances of getting quick job after receiving ICAI membership following practical things is necessary to be considered:
- More than basic understanding of accounting.
- Good knowledge of ERP, Tally, SAP, IFRS, MIS working environment.
- Understanding of working as a finance part.
- Good and practical knowledge of Taxation.
Students preparing for CS course and want to join some additional course can go for LL. B. With CS one should go for LL.B. to grab top opportunities at management level. LL.B. is a very good combination with CS as far as course content and understanding the corporate environment is concerned. If you are having LL.B. qualification then it would be counted as an additional advantage and you can easily and confidently handle or administer Legal work/department along with the secretarial work/department. Later on you may be designated as legal and secretarial head. Best wishes are always with you. Be humble and be successful.