CPT (Common Proficiency Test) is the first step to become Chartered Accountant. The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the next CPT exam to be conducted on Sunday, June 17, 2018, in two sessions. Students who have registered before December 30, 2017, are eligible to appear for CA CPT June 2018 exam.
There are 2 sessions in CPT exam i.e. Morning session 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM and Afternoon session 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM. Fundamentals of accounting and Mercantile law exam will be conducted in the Morning session and General economics and Quantitative aptitude will be conducted in the Afternoon session.
ICAI conducts CPT exam twice a year in the months on June and December. Earlier CPT exam was conducted on Sunday, June 18, 2017. To appear for CPT exam, a student needs to prior registered for it. AfterGraduation shares the complete information of CA CPT June 2018 Exam – Time Table, Fees, Exam Date Sheet and other details.
CA CPT June 2018 Examination Schedule
CA CPT June 2018 Exam Time Table has been provided below –
|Start of Online CPT June 2018 Examination Form||April 4, 2018|
|End date to fill Online CPT June 2018 form (without late fee)||April 26, 2018|
|End date to fill Online CPT June 2018 form (with late fee)||May 03, 2018|
|Date of CPT June 2018 Exam||June 17, 2018|
|CA CPT Dec 2017 Result will be available||July 17, 2018 (tentative)|
CA CPT June 2018 Examination Time Table
(i.e. Morning Session)
|10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)
Section – A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section – B Mercantile Laws
(i.e. Afternoon Session)
|2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
Section – C General Economics
Section – D Quantitative Aptitude
Exam Fee for CPT June 2018 Attempt
|For Centres in India||Rs. 1000/-|
|For Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat Centres||US $ 300/-|
|For Kathmandu Centre||INR 1700/-|
Interested and eligible students can remit the examination fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card. They shall, however, be required to remit additional INR 600/- towards late fee (for Domestic & Kathmandu centres) and US$ 10 (for other Overseas centres) in case the application online is made after April 26, 2018 and upto May 03, 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for CPT June 2018 Examination
- The aforesaid Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is open only to students registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on or before December 30, 2017 and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.
- Candidates who have applied on or before December 30, 2017 for Common Proficiency Course registration with Regional offices of the Institute / Online but have not yet been issued registration number, can also apply for admission to CPT June 2018 examination on Provisional basis; subject to their submission of a copy of their registration letter to the Examination Department at a later stage but before issue of Admit Cards.
Total 196 major cities and places are located as Examination Centres in India, provided that sufficient number of candidates offers themselves to appear from the centre. There are also overseas centres for students –
- Abu Dhabi
The Council reserves the right to withdraw any centre at any stage without assigning any reason.
CA CPT Application Form for June 2018 Exams
- The Application Form for admission to CPT June 2018 examination can be filled online from April 4, 2018 to 26th April, 2018.
- April 26, 2018 is the last date for submission of filled up examination application form without late fees and till May 03, 2018 with late fees.
- Aspirants for admission to Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is required to apply application online at http://icaiexam.icai.org
CPT Exam Pattern
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy. It is an objective type MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) test of 200 marks of 4 subjects namely, Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude with an objective to test the basic knowledge in these subjects.
CPT is divided into two sessions of two hours each, in between there is a small break. In the first session there are two sections:
Section A – Fundamentals of Accounting carrying 60 marks, and
Section B – Mercantile laws carrying 40 marks.
In the second session there are two sections:
Section C – General Economics carrying 50 marks, and
Section D – Quantitative Aptitude also carrying 50 marks.
Each question carries one mark and has four given choices. The students are required to darken the correct choice (circle) with a pencil in the given OMR sheet provided in the examination. The original test paper along with OMR sheet is to be returned before leaving the examination hall.
CPT Marking & Passing Strategy
A candidate for the Common Proficiency Test shall be declared passed the test if he obtains at one sitting a minimum of thirty per cent marks in each section (subject) and a minimum of fifty per cent marks in the aggregate of all the sections, subject to the principle of negative marking [(¼ (one fourth) mark shall continue to be deducted for each wrong answer and multiple darkened circles for a question will also be treated as wrong answer].
Accordingly, if a candidate secures a minimum of 30 per cent marks in each section but fails to secure 50 per cent marks in the aggregate of all sections, his result will be FAIL.
|Minimum Passing Marks for CPT June 2018|
|Section||Subject||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
|A||Fundamentals of Accounting||60||18|
Please Also Note
- Last date for submission of online without late fee – April 26, 2018
- Please note that sale & submission of OMR examination application form has been discontinued w.e.f. May 2017 examinations onward.
- Candidates of CA CPT June 2018 Examinations will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium for answering papers. Detailed information will be found printed in the Guidance Notes, available on the ICAI website.
Here you got the details of ICAI CPT June 2018 Exam. Have any doubts or comments, you can discuss via the AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box. Connect with us for more updates, follow Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org