The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the UPSC Civil Services 2017 Prelims Admit Card on May 22, 2017 on their official website (http://www.upsc.gov.in). The UPSC Civil Services 2017 Prelims is scheduled to be held on June 18, 2017 (Sunday).
The admit card for the prelims examination will be downloadable from the website till June 18 on providing registration number and personal details. Candidates can download their e-admit card by clicking here.
In case of rejection of the applications form, the reasons/ grounds for rejection have also been uploaded. In case of any discrepancy, the same may be communicated to the Commission immediately by email (email ID uscsp‐email@example.com) latest by June 02, 2017 to enable the Commission to take a decision in the matter.
Candidates will have to read the important instructions before downloading the admit card for the UPSC Civil Services Prelims examination. The UPSC Civil Services examination for 980 posts in different government departments will be carried at different test centres across the country on June 18.
How to Download UPSC Civil Services 2017 Prelims Admit Card
- Candidates need to visit the official website
- On visiting the website, the candidates will have to click on the active link of ‘e-admit card for UPSC Civil Services Prelims examination’
- Clicking the link will direct the candidates to a page where they will get important instructions about the examination Or Click here to download UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2017 Admit Card
- Candidates need to provide their name, roll number, registration id, and name and year of examination in the corresponding boxes to download their admit card.
- Click to submit and Admit cards will be displayed.
- Candidates must download and take a print out of the admit card for future reference.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) this year has preponed the examination month of the civil services preliminary examination. According to the official notification, the exam will be conducted in the month of June instead of August after a gap of three years.
As per the official order, the preliminary examination will be held by the Commission on June 18 this year. The UPSC Civil Services Prelims examination consists of two objective-type paper of 200 marks each.
Further, candidates who qualify the prelims examination can appear for UPSC Civil Services Mains Examination. They will have to apply online again in a new form provided to them. The main examination is likely to be held in October, 2017.
UPSC Civil Services 2017 Paper Pattern
- The UPSC Civil services preliminary examination will consist of two objective-type paper of 200 marks each.
- The General Studies paper-II will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33 per cent.
- The question papers will be set in both Hindi and English.
- The duration of each paper will be two hours.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
Main Content of Syllabus
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World geography – Physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
- Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati raj, public policy, rights issues, etc
- Current events of national and international importance. Indian Political and economical reforms and related updates.
- Economic and social development – Sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change that do not require subject specialisation
- General science
AfterGraduation wishes All the Very Best to UPSC Civil Services Aspirants. Applicants of UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2017 Exams have got the details about how to download admit card for the exam along with brief of exam pattern. Have any query regarding UPSC Civil Services Prelims exam, discuss us via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article “Download UPSC Civil Services 2017 Prelims Admit Card” to your friends and known, who are interested and aspirants for UPSC Civil Services. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.