IIT Roorkee, which is the organizing institute of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2017 has released the official GATE 2017 Answer Key on February 26. The candidates can go to the official website and check the answer keys. “The question papers along with their respective answer keys for all GATE 2017 papers are given in the above said website”, said the official website of GATE 2017. The answer keys are made available in the order of Question Number, Type, Section, Key and Marks.
GATE 2017 exam was conducted on February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2017. GATE 2017 answer key list the correct answers to questions asked in the GATE exam so candidates may use it to cross check the same with their answers. Candidates can predict their scores with the help of GATE answer key 2017.
The official Question Papers were available from February 20, for all the disciplines. Earlier the GATE 2017 response sheets for all candidates were made available by the institute on February 14. To check the response sheet, candidates need to log in and download the same.
Candidates will also be given an opportunity to challenge the official GATE 2017 answer key from March 3 (10:00 hours IST) to 6, 2017 (10:00 hours IST). Candidates must cross check the given answers from the official answer key of GATE 2017. In case of any objections, they can write (challenge) to IIT Roorkee with proper supporting proof to their claim and pay Rs 500 (for each question) online on the portal facilitated in GOAPS. For candidates who have appeared in GATE 2017 from outside India, the fee for each answer key challenge is US$10.
While challenging the answer keys, the candidates should quote the proper question number as per the PDF file of the question paper, else the challenge may not be considered. If the challenge is successful, then payments will be refunded. For all challenges on answer keys, the decision of the GATE 2017 committee shall be final and binding. There would be no correspondence or telephone calls on this matter.
|February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2017|
|GATE 2017 Response Sheet||
February 14, 2017
GATE Official Question Paper
|February 20, 2017|
|GATE Official Answer Key||
February 26, 2017
Dates to Challenge the Official Answer Key
|March 3 to 6, 2017|
|GATE 2017 Result||
March 27, 2017
GATE 2017 Response Sheet
- Candidates must login through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) by entering their Enrollment ID and password.
- They must click on the “View Response” button.
- The pdf with their details and response to each question asked in the GATE paper
GATE 2017 Marking Scheme
- While checking the answer key of GATE 2017, it is important to keep count of how many marks will be awarded to each correct answer and how much will be lost on account of negative marking.
- The marks will be awarded as per the type of question – 1 marks ones will get 1 mark for each correct answer and 2 marks one will get 2 marks.
- However the negative marking will be 1/3 for each wrong answer (1 marks ones) and 2/3 marks for each 2 marks question answered wrongly.
- The numerical questions don’t have any negative marking.
Benefits of the GATE 2017 Answer Key
- The GATE answer key 2017 list out the correct answers to the questions asked in the question paper.
- Candidates can use the same to check and compare their answers so they know how many they have written wrong and how many right.
- They can calculate the probable marks after comparison with the official answer key of GATE 2017 and estimate their GATE Scores.
- They can check the details of the IIT M.Tech admissions and cutoffs for the same, Cutoff for PSU Recruitment through GATE 2017 if they have applied for any PSU.
Stay Connected to AfterGraduation. Candidates must keep on checking AfterGraduation for more news and information on GATE 2017 and Admission in IIT.
If you have any queries or comments regarding GATE 2017 and above article, please post on our Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to discuss.