GATE 2020 Civil Engineering exam is going to be held in February 2020. Candidates appearing for GATE 2020 Civil Engineering must know the proper syllabus, Exam pattern, Best books to study Civil Engineering, preparation Strategy and proper Guidance to crack the exam in best way. We hereby providing the complete details regarding GATE 2020 Civil Engineering preparation to have better GATE 2020 Score.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 exam will be held on 01,02,08 and 09 February 2020. GATE Examis a brilliant opportunity for the candidates to be eligible for postgraduate engineering courses admission in IITs/IISc/NITs and but also to apply for lucrative engineering jobs offered by the PSUs.
Civil Engineering is one of the relatively preferred branches in GATE exam along with Mechanical Engineering,Computer Science and IT,Chemical Engineering,Electrical Engineering among others. So, it is important for the aspirants to know the preparation strategy of GATE 2020 Civil Engineering (CE).
Many PSUs recruited the Civil Engineering graduates through GATE Score for their job openings. It is high time for GATE 2020 aspirants to start their revision along with pending preparation in a serious and intense manner for the better GATE 2020 Score.
This article will help the candidates who are appearing to GATE 2020 Civil Engineering examination. In this article, we will let you know about the GATE 2020 syllabus for civil engineering, exam pattern, and best reference books for you to study and of course how to prepare for the examination.
GATE 2020 Civil Engineering Reference Books
Reference books for the common subjects:
|Engineering Mathematics||Higher Engineering Mathematics by Dr B S Grewal|
|Introductory Methods of numerical analysis by SS Sastry|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig|
|General Aptitude||Reasoning & Aptitude for GATE 2020 and ESE 2020 (Prelims) â Theory and Previous Year Solved Papers By ME Editorial BoardObjective General English by RS Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation by Disha Experts
|Verbal Ability||Solved papers on verbal and numerical ability by ACE Engineering Academy|
Reference Books for CIvil Engineering Specific Subject:
|S.No||Name of the Book||Author|
|1.||Prestressed Concrete||Krishna Raju|
|2.||Railway Engineering||Satish Chandra & MM Agarwal|
|3.||Design of Reinforced Concrete Structures||N Subramanian|
|4.||Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete||Ashok K Jain, Arun Kumar Jain, BC Punmia|
|5.||Soil Mechanics and Foundations||Ashok Kumar Jain, Arun Kumar Jain, B.C. Punamia|
|6.||Steel Structures: Design and Practice||N. Subramanian|
|7.||A textbook of Strength of Materials||R. K. Bansal|
|8.||Theory of Structures||S. Rammamrutham|
|9.||Irrigation Engineering||S S Basak|
|10||Matrix Methods of Structural Analysis||S.S. Bhavikatti|
|11.||Hydrology: Principles, Analysis, Design||H M Raghunath|
|12.||Water Resources Engineering: Principles and Practice||S N Murthy and Challa|
|13.||Transportation Infrastructure Engineering||Hoel, Garber and Sadek|
GATE Preparation Tips for Civil Engineering Students
First of all,relax! If you determined and passion then there is an ample time to thoroughly prepare for the GATE examination and crack. Secondly, make an examination preparation and revision plan to properly divide the time. There are still 2-3 months left for the preparation.
1.It is important to have a thorough knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus. Go through GATE Civil Engineering previous year exam papers and make a list of topics based on a number of questions appeared and give importance to them accordingly.
2. Do Not Miss Engg. Maths/Aptitude: Ensure that you cover Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude in the course of your preparation. Prepare well both of them as it will ensure a good score.
3. Study materials: Choose books and study materials for Civil Engineering subject which are the best for you. There are several standard study materials available in the market. We have also shared some good books referred by GATE CE toppers and faculties in our earlier articles. Choose the one with the best explanations and which is easy to understand.
4. Time table: An efficient study plan consists of the time table with sufficient time allotted for every section of the syllabus. Allot time in a way so as to cover every topic efficiently without costing the time for other sections.
5. Practice as many questions as possible: Doing so not only highlights your weak areas but also helps you to manage the time. It also brings out a variety of questions which might be new. You have to learn time management skill by practising more and more.
6. Practise GATE Sample Papers and Mock Test: Students should attempt both online and offline mock tests. Analyze your performance to judge your preparation level. Through GATE mock tests, candidates get to learn time management, handling exam pressure, Accuracy, and skills to attempt the question paper.
7. Use of Virtual Calculator: Taking a mock test will help you adapt to the online pattern and how to use ;enabled virtual calculator. Use the calculator only when its really required for complex calculations.
8. Make Small Notes: Prepare short notes on all important topics, concepts, formulas, tricks etc during your preparation for GATE exam. This will be very useful till last minute of revision.
9. Revision is the most important to have success in any exam. It is fast go through the complete syllabus, important topics for quick access to reacll during exam.
10. It is very important to keep a healthy mind and body. Do not forget to take adequate sleep and eat healthily. Take small breaks for leisure activities to relax.
Scope for a Civil Engineer
As we all know that world is developing day by day so in order, to that, there will be more construction of airports, railway station, and highways to make the connectivity easier. The real state companies also need the civil engineers. So itâs clear that the students who are choosing civil engineering as their branch has a bright and shining career in future.
READ MORE:GATE Scores For PSU Recruitment
All the Best and Have 100% Confidence..!!
Drop all your queries or comments for Civil Engineering GATE 2020 preparation on our AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box and we would be happy to help you.
Stay tuned through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular and more updates on Entrance Exams and Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams Information, among education other information.