GATE 2022 Mock Test: The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, organizer of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022, has released the mock test paper for all 29 GATE exam subjects on its official website. Candidates who have registered to appear for the exam can practice the GATE 2022 Mock test free of cost through online mode.
This year, two new subject papers were added to the list for the candidates, one of which is Geomatics Engineering and another one is Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. The exam is scheduled to be held from February 5 to 7 and February 12 to 14 in two shifts.
The official notice read, “These Mock Test links are for the Candidates of GATE 2022 to practice the Computer Based Test (CBT). The exact Pattern / Format of questions in the real examination of GATE 2022 may vary from these Mock Test links”.
GATE mock test will be a dummy of the actual question paper. It is a stimulation of the real exam and will help candidates in preparing for the upcoming examination. By attempting the mock test candidates will be able to get familiar with the GATE 2022 exam pattern and the question format.
Candidates are advised to solve the GATE mock exams in order to practice and review their exam preparation and make it more perfect and score good marks in the exam. Candidates must also be aware that GATE mock test 2022 features will be exactly the same as the original question paper. Moreover, solving the GATE 2022 mock test will help candidates to understand how questions are framed in the exam which ultimately enables candidates to gain the confidence to attempt the actual question paper. Read on to get detailed information about GATE mock test 2022.
Features of the GATE 2022 Mock Test
- IIT Kharagpur has released the mock test for each of the 22 papers including the new subject added this year. Candidates can just click and use the GATE 2022 mock test for any of the subjects.
- The mock test is an exact replica of the actual GATE 2022 exam.
- The GATE 2021 mock test carries questions for 100 marks and is for 180 minutes.
- There is the facility of the inbuilt timer as well as the virtual calculator just like the actual exam. The calculator is available on the top, right-hand side of the mock test screen.
- The Question Palette displayed on the right-hand side of the mock test screen will show the status of each question using one of the symbols indicating answered, visited, etc.
- The mock test is a simulation of the real exam, so practicing the mock test will provide the candidate with useful inputs of the GATE exam pattern.
- The test will have a total mandatory two sections – the subject-specific section is for 85 marks and General Aptitude (GA) for 15 marks. The subject-specific paper will include 55 questions.
- The GA section will have a total of 10 questions. Question 1-5 carrying 1 mark each while 6-10 will be of 2 marks.
Steps to Access GATE Mock Test 2022
We have shared the link of the GATE 2022 mock here as released by the authorities. Candidates will be able to practice mock tests in online mode. Follow the below steps to practice the GATE 2022 mock test :
- Step 1 – Go to the official website of IIT Kharagpur – gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- Step 2 – Click on the “Mock Test” link on the homepage
- Step 3 – GATE 2022 mock test (subject wise) links will be displayed on the screen
- Step 4 – Click on the subject link
- Step 5 – Now you will have to login/ sign in
- Step 6 – Instructions for attempting GATE mock test 2022 will be displayed on the screen, read carefully
- Step 7- Check the declaration box and click on the “I am ready to begin” button
- Step 8 – Your GATE mock test will be displayed on the screen
Click on the direct mock test link of the subject candidate is appearing for. Note: Candidates need to have a computer with a good internet connection, preferably broadband so that they could practise the test without any connectivity issues.
Why it is Important Practice GATE Mock Test
- GATE is one of the most anticipated exams for engineering graduates. In order to get good scores, candidates are advised to practice the mock tests of GATE 2022.
- The mock test will help candidates to understand how questions will be framed in the exam.
- Practicing the mock test will enable candidates to familiarize exam mode and exam pattern.
- Candidates who practiced the mock tests will be able to know their strong and weak points
- Practising mock tests enables students to understand the topics more clearly by solving the questions
- Importantly, candidates will be able to keep track of their time for solving the questions and overall time of exam and practice accordingly.
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
The GATE 2022 exam comes with 29 papers where students need to choose two papers in a combination from the given list.
- It would be a computer-based test (CBT) with a duration of 3 hours.
- A total of 65 questions will be asked for 100 marks.
- The GATE 2022 Exam has been categorized into three different types of questions like multiple-choice questions (MCQs), multiple select questions (MSQs), and numerical answer type questions (NAT)
- There will be 1-mark and 2-mark questions only.
- There will be a negative marking for every incorrect answer. For multiple-choice type questions, a wrong answer will lead to a deduction of ⅓ marks for a 1-mark question and ⅔ marks for a 2-mark question.
- All those questions that are not attempted will carry zero marks. There is no negative marking for Numerical Answer Type (NAT)questions, while for MCQs, there is a negative marking.
Sections: GATE 2022 will include the following sections:
- General Aptitude – It is mandatory for all papers
- Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)
- Subject-specific section
GATE is a competition Exam, requires continuous passion, higher concentration, determination, and hard work to succeed. A candidate who will qualify GATE would not only open the gateway for post-graduation Engineering Courses (M.E., M.Tech, direct PhD) in IISc/IITs/NITs but also can have the opportunity to get placed in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings).
In addition to the mock tests, candidates must also use the past year’s question papers as well as the GATE sample papers to hone their preparation. AfterGraduation wishes all the very best to the GATE 2022 Aspirants. Please post your feedback or queries regarding GATE 2022 Exam in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for updates on higher education, Professional course, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance exams update, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.