Tips to Crack CAT 2020 with 100 percentile: With the Common Admission Test (CAT) is round the corner, this is the time to make or break it. The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 will be held for admission to MBA program offered by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and over 1000 other major B-Schools in the country. IIM Indore is the official CAT 2020 conducting institute.
The Common Admission Test is counted amongst the most esteemed management entrance examinations in the country. While the CAT 2020 exam is scheduled to be held on November 29th, 2020, the application window remains open from August 5th, 2020 to September 16th, 2020.
Here are some of the tried and tested tips, and tricks that toppers have used in the last few days to prepare themselves for one of the most competitive management entrance exams to get 100 percentile. Performance in the exam is a combinatorial result of knowledge and a strategical approach. In this article, we shall focus on various tips and tactics you can use to score 100 percentile in CAT 2020 exam.
CAT Exam Paper Pattern
The duration of the CAT examination is of three hours (180 minutes).
There will be total 100 questions in CAT paper three sections:
Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability
Sixty minutes will be allotted to the candidates for answering questions in each section and they will be restricted to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section. There is no defined structure of the CAT syllabus and it may or may not change every year.
Questions in each section will be of Multiple Choice and direct answer type (without any options). For direct questions, answers will have to be typed on the screen. During the exam, candidates will be allowed the use the basic on-screen calculator for computation.
For MCQ each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded and for any incorrect response, there will be a negative marking of 1 marks.
Tips and Guidance to Crack CAT 2020 With Good Score
1. Give equal importance to all 3 sections of the CAT Exam – Verbal Ability And Reasoning Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) to crack all the sections with higher score. Instead of studying section per day, start solving problems from all the sections each day. Focus on each and every problem that you feel easy, difficult, or tough. You can begin by solving the Common Admission Test mock test, solve sample papers and previous papers, etc.
2. Increase the frequency of the practice test/Mock test Slowly but steadily. Taking the mock tests helps in preparing well for the exam as it improves accuracy with proper speed to attempt the paper. In the last few days, the toppers try and take as many mock tests as they can. First, start with the section-wise and one complete mock test each day and gradually increase the number. The goal should be to take 3-4 mock tests per day.
Take more sectional tests of those particular areas to strengthen them. After taking about 6-7 mocks, focus on the time taken to solve a particular question, the accuracy percentage, the reading speed, the effectiveness in scanning the questions, and target the doable ones.
3. Smart Work Along with Hard work i.e . to increase good attempts and decrease bad ones. A CAT topper sets its eye on the result and works smartly to achieve the same. Aim to get 19 to 20 good attempts (correct and confident) and decrease bad attempts (not sure answer), as much as they can. In CAT 2020, for the correct answer, 3 marks are awarded but for marking incorrect answers for MCQ questions, there is a negative marking of one mark.
4. Reading is the key for the verbal ability section. Generally, 34 questions are asked in the VARC section, out of which 24 questions are purely reading comprehension. To improve reading skills, you should read and analyze articles and paras from leading English Newspapers and Magazines – The Hindu, Economic Times, and books by good authors. Books like word power and how to prepare for verbal ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT also helps students cracking the section.
5. Speed and Accuracy: Learn tricks and out of the box thinking to crack the verbal ability and logical reasoning section. Learn tips and tricks to solve and calculate faster and also keep accuracy. Aspirants must follow and use Vedic maths and abacus. It helps in enhancing calculation and basic maths, which eventually saves a lot of time in solving the questions in the exam.
6. Take a break whenever required, do not exhaust yourself before the exam. You need to burn the midnight lamps to get success. Every day try to do a thing that helps in relaxing physically and mentally. You can try yoga or workout or listen to music, painting, or talking to loved ones or sports or any other stuff that helps you to relax.
All the Best CAT 2020 Aspirants..!!
These are some important variables that will give you an edge to take yourself to the best level possible. Here you got the tips and Guidance to crack CAT 2020 with a score of 100 Percentile. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article, on our AfterGraduation Forum, or in below comment box.
Tuned with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams and preparation, Admission, Placements, and other information of Institutes, among education other information
News and updates for the World best One Year MBA program, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, etc presented by AfterGraduation.