GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a competition Exam, require continuous passion, higher concentration, determination and hard work to succeed. A candidate who will qualify GATE 2018 would not only open the gateway for higher education courses Masters and Doctoral level (M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in IISc/IITs/NITs but also can have the opportunity to get placed in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings). This is the reason why this exam is being so popular year by year.
The GATE 2018 exam will be held on Saturday–Sunday, February 3-4 and February 10-11, 2018. With around 90 days left, it is time to put in the extra effort to crack GATE 2018 in the first attempt. You need to burn the midnight oil in the remaining days to create a difference between a good and not-so-good GATE score. A good GATE 2018 score can pave the way for higher degree courses and even Recruitment in PSUs.
It is possible to prepare for GATE 2018 within few months if you concentrate completely on the preparation. AfterGraduation brings you some tips on how to prepare for GATE 2018 and crack with the better score in 3 months. Here is a suggested schedule that can help students in the preparation and increase overall efficiency.
Schedule and Planning for the 1 Month
- A candidate preparing for GATE 2018 exam, must be familiarized with the latest GATE syllabus. The candidates are advised to check the entire syllabus thoroughly on the official website. But as only 3 months left for GATE 2018 exam, So GATE 2018 aspirants need to be more precise now.
- Understand the syllabus, analyze it and go through the subject wise marks distribution of each subject of your stream especially those who are starting their GATE preparation in these last few months. It is important that you stick to the schedule as time is of the essence.
- The candidates should analyze previous years’ GATE papers and see the weightage each topic has in the exam.
- To ensure effective preparation, segregate the syllabus into smaller units based on parameters like difficulty level, weightage in the exam and allow the time for preparing these units, start with the topics that have higher weightage. Make a schedule for each unit and ensure that you follow it seriously.
- The candidates should ensure to obtain good, clear and proper study material for the whole syllabus.
- Allot 2 -3 hours each day to understand the concepts. When studying make it a habit to take notes and be familiar with the important formulae, concepts in each topic. After completion of the whole syllabus, you will end up building a self-sustained notebook that will be a great asset for quick revision in the last days of preparation.
- Allot 1 hour each day for Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude as these 2 topics cover 30 percent weightage in GATE and are also scoring. These will also contribute to you for better GATE Score.
GATE 2018 Preparation Plan for 2nd Month
- Practice makes a man perfect – so practice until you get the concepts right. Start practicing and solve as many sample papers, previous years’ papers as possible to understand the pattern of questions asked in the exam. Analyze your performance and plan to improve your weak points.
- Do Revision once you have completed a topic. Difficult topics will need frequent revisions.
- Take up mock test series as it will help the candidates adapt to the online pattern, how to use the virtual calculator and analyze strong and weak areas. It will also give a sharp edge to your preparation. It gives an exhaustive practice on different types of questions with proper time management.
- While solving problems, a candidate must have a balance between speed & accuracy. The candidates should pace themselves up to complete preparation for all the important topics by this time, they may not find enough time to complete the topics later.
Preparation Plan for the Last Month
- Based on the performance analysis in the mock test series, the candidates can refine their own exam strategy. While some students prefer to solve the paper from start to end, others prefer glance through the entire paper and start answering questions from their areas of strength or weakness.
- Allot 15-20 days for revision of all the topics. The short notes prepared earlier will prove very helpful at this stage.
- The candidates should not start preparing any new topic that they may be left with and focus only on their strengths.
- Don’t exhaust yourself tight schedule, take timely breaks to relax and rest.
- Keep motivation levels high which is a very important aspect for any student who wishes to appear for GATE. It requires a lot of effort, patience, and stamina to cope up with the preparation and be successful.
- A day before the GATE exam, stop thinking about it. Do things that keep you more relaxed and appear for the exam with a fresh mind!
Last but not the least, GATE preparation needs determination. All you need to do is be determined and diligently observe the tricks throughout the preparation period and work towards the goal. Put your heart and soul into the preparation and with the time that you have right now, No milestone is far for you. Just tread the right path and a bright future shall be yours.
Don’t restrict yourself with the bound thinking and allow yourself to progress with your full capacity. The sky is the limit and successful people are those who go that extra mile. Please post your Feedback or queries regarding GATE Exam preparation, on our Aftergraduation Forum. Connect with us for all latest GATE 2018 updates through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.