CAT 2018 exam is going to be held on November 25, 2018, with an aim to get admission for management programmes in IIMs and other top management institutes that accept CAT scores. A strong determination and preparation are required to crack such highly competitive MBA Entrance Exam. As around 65 days left for CAT exam, so this is high time to prepare and crack CAT 2018 in 2 months.
As the CAT exam is just a few days away so there is very less time to prepare and crack the examination but nothing is impossible, we still have around 65 days for the preparation. As the CAT preparation time goes on reducing week after week and with every passing day, these 65 odd days can make or break your chance in IIMs. You need to check and revise your CAT preparation strategy and follow the proper books and study plan to prepare CAT 2018.
Now, in this article, we will let you know about the best reference books and study plan on how to prepare for CAT 2018 in 2 months (65 days) –
Books to Refer for CAT 2018 Preparation in 2 Months
First things to prepare CAT 2018 in 2 months is – the reference books. Good study material and books play an important role in understanding the concepts. Go for the right publication and right author search for the books that are making the exam comfortable. Below given are some books which are the best in their region.
Books for CAT Quantitative Ability (QA) Section:
- ‘How to prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT’ by Arun Sharma, published by Tata McGraw Hill. Mock papers are also available in this book.
- Arun Sharma’s The Complete CAT Digest, by Arun Sharma, published by Tata McGraw-Hill.
- How to prepare for the CAT Common Admissions Test by Muhamed Muneer, published by Om Books.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha, published by Tata McGraw-Hill.
Books for CAT Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VARC):
- How to Prepare for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, published by Tata McGraw-Hill.
- The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
Books for CAT Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR):
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT, by Arun Sharma, published by Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Trishna’s Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT And Other MBA Examinations by T.I.M.E. Publisher: Pearson
Second thing is to practice, practising is one of the core parts of preparation, once you are clear with the concepts of CAT start practising the problems simultaneously. Practice is the only way to understand the problems correctly. Candidates can go for the deep concepts by solving the problems. The main tip is to solve the problems as many as you can. Below given are some points which will help you while solving the problems. Keep an eye on it.
- Use the previous year’s CAT exam papers to practice the problems and record how you have done, your speed of solving the problems, accuracy, your weaknesses etc.
- Analyze your scores and performance from the last tests and try to reach that area in which you are best.
- Give regular different type of mock tests- regular tests, sectional tests, topic wise test and full-length practice tests. Practice for both computer-based and paper-based tests.
- By solving easy question paper and getting good scores in that is not enough to clear the CAT exam you should solve different types and levels of the question paper. Gradually increase the level of question paper, slightly higher than your previous ones.
- It’s your misconception if you think you are ready for the CAT exam until you are fully prepared with confidence and proved during mock tests.
Practising rigorously can help anyone to excel the sections. The more candidates’ practice questions, better is the probability for them to perform. The success lies in understanding the basic fundamentals and practising regularly. “Practice makes man perfect!”
The third thing is the revision, this is the important part and one step forward for CAT examination, this is your last weapon, your last plan, against the battle with CAT to win. It is not expected to miss any areas or corners of the subjects.
Revision is really crucial so as to brush up and go through all the important concepts. The notes those were made during the time of preparation are very handy for revision.
Revision materials are the notes and the important parts highlighted during the time of studies. It can be some formulae, concepts, or anything. Make sure to make tidy and systematic notes since these are going to be very important during the time of revision. Try not mixing up the notes of different subjects to avoid chaos.
Revise all the important topics, especially the weaker ones. Be ready for anything that the actual exam may throw at you. So revise until you master all areas.
Preparation Strategy to Crack CAT 2018 in 2 Months
|1||At least attempt one mock test in a week.||Choose to ignore certain topics (Learn to select questions not topics)|
|2||Check your test-taking strategy in the mock tests.||Never make an EGO issue for the questions if it’s not solving, take help.|
|3||Revise the whole course in the shortcuts and strategies you learnt during the preparation.||Study for long periods of time without taking breaks. Studies show that the average person can only concentrate for 50 minutes. After that, your ability to learn and attention span decline. Learn to take breaks|
|4||What is your time allocation strategy for sections? How much time do you plan to spend on each of the sections? In particular, do you plan to devote equal time to each section or slightly more time to the section that you are the strongest at?||Procrastination and Overconfidence|
And finally, the last step, take some rest, some deep breaths and do not get worried or nervous about the exam. Do well in the exam don’t stress out, be cool and always remember… ‘Wars are not won on the battlefield. They’re won in the minds of people. Awaken the mind.’
All the best CAT Aspirants!
All that matters is hard work, this journey is going to be difficult but this will be worth struggling. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding “How to Prepare CAT 2018 in 2 Months? Books and Study Plan to Crack CAT 2018”, on our Aftergraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Connect with us for more updates on Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams update among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.
Stay connected for World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.