GATE 2019 Textile Engineering and Fiber Science (TF) exam is going to be held in February 2019 and will be organised by IIT Madras. TF is the subject code of GATE Textile Engineering and Fibre Science Exam. The GATE Textile Engineering and Fiber Science is one of the less pursued branches in GATE exams of all times, due to lack of information in terms of scope, guidance and study material, and thus candidates find difficulties in this branch.
Textile Engineering and Fiber Science include natural and man-made materials, the interaction of materials with machines, safety and health, energy conservation, and waste and pollution control. Textile engineering deals with the application of scientific and engineering principles to the design and control of all aspects of fiber, textile, and apparel processes, products, and machinery. Textile engineering is an important part of the textile industry. Textile industry involves design, research, manufacturing, and distribution of fabric. It involves the garment, color and fabric lines of industries.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 exam will be held on February 2-3 and February 9-10, 2019. In this article we will let you know about the GATE 2019 syllabus with their topics for Textile Engineering and Fiber Science, GATE 2019 exam pattern, marks weightage, reference books and some good and healthy preparation tips.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2019 Textile Engineering and Fiber Science Exam
- A candidate has to have a qualifying degree of B.E/B. Tech.
- Candidates who are in their final year with no backlogs can apply for GATE (TF).
- To apply for GATE TF there is no age limit.
GATE Syllabus for Textile Engineering and Fabric Science (TF)
The GATE TF 2019 contains two main subjects and that is-
|1.||Engineering Mathematics||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential Equation, Probability and Statistics, Numerical Methods.|
|2.||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||Textile Fibers, Yarn Manufacture and Yarn Structures & Properties, Fabric Manufacture and Fabric Structure & Properties, Textile Testing, Chemical Processing.|
READ Too: 5 Months To Have A Better GATE Score, Best Books To Prepare GATE 2019
GATE TF Paper Pattern & Marks Weightage
The question is divided into three separate sections, below given is the table which will let you know the GATE 2019 exam pattern and marks weightage in the description.
|GATE 2019 Paper Sections||GATE Marks Distribution|
|Subject Questions (Core Subject) TF||70% of the total marks.|
|Engineering Mathematics||15% of the total marks.|
|General Aptitude (GA)||15% of the total marks.|
General Aptitude Questions:
The question paper contains 10 questions of general aptitude out of total 65 question and these 10 questions carry the total of 15 marks out of 100.
Textile Fibers (TF) Questions:
This section contains the two parts “Tech+Maths” the number of questions this section have is 55 out of 65. The marks are also divided into two parts (70+15) respectively out of 100.
Distribution of Marks:
The multiple choice question carrying 1 or 2 marks question. Negative marking is also there so the questions that is of 1 mark and the answer is wrong then ⅓ marks will be deducted, and the questions that carry 2 marks and the answer is wrong then ⅔ marks will be deducted for that questions.
READ ALSO: PSU Recruitment Through GATE Score, Favourite Career Option For GATE Aspirants
Reference books for Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
So, now you are aware of the syllabus let us know you about the best reference books for the above mentioned subjects:-
Best Books for Engineering Mathematics and Aptitude
- Textbook of Engineering Mathematics by Dutta Debashis
- Engineering Mathematics by Lazpathroy
- Higher Engineering Mathematics by B. S. Grewal
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning by A. K. Gupta
- Arihant Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
Best Books for Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
- An Introduction to Warping and Winding by Dr. M. K. Talukdar
- Chemical Technology of Fibrous Materials by K. Sadovby Matetsky & Korchagin
- Cotton doubling and twisting by Wakefield and Son
- Cotton Weaving by V Goordev
- Dyeing & Chemical Technology of Textile Fibres by E. R. Trotman
- Fibre Science and Technology by S.P.Mishra
- Handbook of Fibre Science & Technology Vol-I by M. Lewin
- Introduction to Textile Fibres by H. V. Sreenivas Moorthy
- Introduction to textiles by M. Joseph
- Introduction to Texturisation by R.S. Gandhi
- Man-made fibres by Moncrieff
- Modern Preparation & Weaving Machinesby Ormerod
- Physical Properties of Textile Fibres by W.E. Morton & J.W.S. Hearle
- Principle of Textile Testing: J.E. Booth
- Processing of Man-made Fibres by Usenko
- Production of synthetic fibre by A.Vaidya
- Recent Advances in Spinning Technology by Salhotra
- Spun Yarn Technology by Oxtoby
- A technology of Dyeing by V.A.Shenai
- A Technology of Textile Processing by V. A. Shenai
- Textile Fibre by V. A. Shenai
- Textile Mathematics by J. E. Booth
- Textile Testing by Angapan
- Textile Yarn by B. C. Goswami
- Textured Yarn Technology by Monsanto
- Warp Sizing Mechanism by Ramsbottom
- Weaving Calculation by Sengupta
READ MORE: Multiple Options After GATE Qualification, Focus On Your Goal
Preparation Tips for Textile Engineering and Fiber Science
Below are some of the tips for preparation.
- The student should know the complete and proper syllabus mentioned by official website of GATE 2019.
- The best source is to refer the past question papers and practice those model papers.
- Select the best reference books that cover all the basic topics of the subjects. We have mentioned the reference books above.
- Choose the topics that are highly weighted and are very important in the GATE Exam paper.
- Practice as many problems as possible so that the students will have the practice for GATE exam.
- Motivation and planning in the study are mandatory. Visit your friends and seniors for guidance and motivate yourself.
- Put small daily and weekly targets. Study 3-4 hours daily and achieve your weekly milestone.
- Revise the subject or topic as many times as possible until you feel perfect on that.
- Mark the questions that feel important or tough.
- Have Confidence and faith in yourself.
Scope in TF Subject After GATE
After the GATE exam in the Textile Engineering and Fabric Science, the candidates can find the scopes in the PSU’s like The National Textile Corporation Limited (NTCL) and many. DRDO also recruits the candidates who are TF graduated. The main scope after doing TF is the fashion designing industry where there you can find a lot of opportunities and later can go for the startup. Textile Engineering and Fiber Science course ensure a bright career for the students; reason being the demand and supply of textiles will never diminish.
Top Recruiters of Textile and Fashion Science Students In INDIA
Below given are the names of the companies which are the major recruiters of textile engineering and fabric science:
- Bombay Dyeing
- Mysore Silk
- JCT Limited
- Lakshmi Mills
- Reliance Textiles
All the Best, Aspirants!!!
We would love your inputs and suggestions to bring more useful articles for GATE aspirants. Drop all your queries or comments regarding ‘GATE 2019 Textile Engineering and Fiber Science (TF) Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Reference Books and Preparation Strategy’ on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box and we would be happy to help you.
Stay in touch with us for updates on Entrance Exam Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Entrance Exams Information, among education other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.