Tips to Score 100 percentile in CAT 2019: With the Common Admission Test (CAT) is round the corner, this is the time to make or break it. The Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 will be held on November 24 for admission to MBA programme offered by Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and over 1000 other major B-Schools in the country. IIM Kozhikode is the official CAT 2019 conducting institute.
And the efforts invested in these 20 days will determine the outcome. This year over 2.44 lakh candidates have applied for CAT 2019 that will be conducted by IIM Kozhikode on November 24. Now with just a few week remaining for CAT 2019 exam and this is the time to make it or break it.
First of all, CAT aspirants do not wait until the exam day to download CAT 2019 admit card. Here are some of the tried and tested tips, methods and tricks that toppers have used in the last few days to prepare themselves for one of the most competitive management entrance exams to get 100 percentile.
Tips and Guidance to Score 100 Percentile in CAT 2019
1 Give equal importance to all 3 sections of CAT Exam – Verbal Ability And Reasoning Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Ability (QA), Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning (DILR) to crack all the sections with higher score. Instead of studying section per day, start solving problems from all the sections each day. Focus on each and every problem that you feel easy, difficult or tough. You can begin by solving the Common Admission Test mock test, solve sample papers and previous papers, etc.
2. Increase the frequency of the practice test/Mock test Slowly but steadily. Taking the mock tests helps in preparing well for the exam as it improves accuracy with proper speed to attempt the paper. In the last few days, the toppers try and take as many mock tests as they can. First, start with the section-wise and one complete mock test each day and gradually increase the number. The goal should be to take 3-4 mock tests per day.
Take more sectional tests of those particular areas to strengthen them. After taking about 6-7 mocks, focus on the time taken to solve a particular question, the accuracy percentage, the reading speed, the effectiveness in scanning the questions, and target the doable ones.
3. Smart Work Along with Hard work i.e . to increase good attempts and decrease bad ones. A CAT topper sets their eye on the result and works smartly to achieve the same. Aim to get 19 to 20 good attempts (correct and confident) and decrease bad attempts (not sure answer), as much as they can. In CAT 2019, for the correct answer, 3 marks are awarded but for marking incorrect answer for MCQ questions, there is a negative marking of one mark.
4. Reading is the key for verbal ability. Generally, 34 questions are asked in the VARC section, out of which 24 questions are purely reading comprehension. To improve reading skills, you should read and analysis articles and paras from leading English Newspaper and Magazines – The Hindu, Economic Times, and books by good authors. Books like word power and how to prepare for verbal ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT also helps students cracking the section.
5. Speed and Accuracy: Learn tricks and out of the box thinking to crack the verbal ability and logical reasoning section. Learn tips and tricks to solve and calculate faster and also keep accuracy. Aspirants must follow and use Vedic maths and abacus. It helps in enhancing calculation and basic maths, which eventually saves a lot of time in solving the questions in the exam.
6. Take a break whenever required, do not exhaust yourself before the exam. You need to burn the midnight lamps to get success. Every day try to do a thing that helps in relaxing physically and mentally. You can try yoga or workout or listening music, painting or talking to loved ones or sports or any other stuff that helps you to relax.
All the Best CAT 2019 Aspirants..!!
These are some important variables that will give you an edge to take yourself to the best level possible. Here you got the tips and Guidance to score 100 Percentile in CAT 2019. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article, on our AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Tuned with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams and preparation, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes, among education other information
News and updates for World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course etc presented by AfterGraduation.