There are no shortcuts to the road that leads to success. Dedicated preparation could take you towards your goal of securing a high percentile and admission to top B-School, but many candidates don’t know when and how to start preparation for CAT 2019. Read this article on how to start preparing for MBA Entrance exam, CAT 2019 to get success in the first attempt.
Common Admission Test 2019 is going to be held on 24 November 2019, the exam will be conducted by IIM Kozhikode. This is a computer-based test (CBT) and will be organised in two sessions. The CAT exam is the mandatory entrance exam for admission to MBA for the session 2020 in 20 IIMs and other top MBA colleges or Institutes in India.
How to Start Preparation for CAT 2019?
As the exam is of the national level so there is no doubt that it would be easy for the candidates. The candidates should know how to prepare for CAT 2019 in a short span of time.
In this article, we will let you know about how to crack CAT 2019 in 4 months. Below given are some preparation strategy which candidate should follow to clear CAT 2019 in 120 days.
- CAT syllabus contains subjects like Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension; Quantitative Aptitude; Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning.
- Be very careful while you go through the syllabus because it is too vast and lengthy and also ‘don’t forget the cashews while you are busy collecting peanuts’.
- There are certain topics where the questions are being asked. We have mentioned some topics from each section which are considered important by the examination point of view.
Analogies and reverse analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, facts inference judgments, critical reasoning, syllogism, summary questions, passage-based questions.
Line and Pie Charts, Column and Bar graphs, Area graph, Venn diagram, Caselets and Tables.
Binary Logic, Coding-decoding, Number and letter series, Syllogism, Clocks, calendars and cubes, Directions, Blood relations, Logical sequence, Matrix and linear arrangement
Ratio & Proportion, Logarithm, Time & Work, Number system, Geometry, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Mixtures and Alligations, Functions, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry and Mensuration
Go through the CAT Exam pattern
- There are 100 questions in the online exam paper to be done in 180 minutes so candidates need to be very careful about the time, that which question to attempt first and which later.
- There are two types of questions asked in the examination – MCQ and Subjective type of Question.
- For each correct answer, 3 marks would be awarded to the candidate and One mark will be deducted for the wrongly attempted in MCQ type questions.
- Note: for subjective type questions, there will be no negative marks.
|Type of section||Duration||Number of questions (Tentative)||Total marks|
|Section I||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||1 hour||34||102|
|Section II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)||1 hour||32||96|
|Section III||Quantitative Ability (QA)||1 hour||34||102|
- If you want to crack CAT in 4 months then there is only one thing which will help you the most and that is time management.
- As the previous CAT toppers said ‘As the CAT preparation time goes on reducing month after month with every passing day, you need to revise your CAT preparation time table by revisiting your CAT preparation strategy to synchronise it with remaining CAT preparation Time.’
CAT’s Study Material
- Candidates are requested to go for good study material which suits your requirement of preparation.
- Ask your seniors or to the coaching centre teacher for that.
- Candidates must make the notes of the main point of the subjects.
- The notes will help them to revise in short span of time, on the day of examination.
- If you are completed with your subjects then you must have to attend the mock tests.
- These tests will help you improve in your marks unless you know which are your weak areas that need your more attention and which are your strong areas where you need to prepare less for CAT exam.
- Solve as many mocks as you can because without analysis of mock, attempting a mock test may not be useful.
All the Best CAT 2019 Aspirants..!!
Here you got the details on How to Start Preparation for CAT 2019. Please post your Feedback or Comments regarding this article, on our AfterGraduation Forum or in below comment box.
Connect with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also for all latest News and Guidance on Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Courses, Entrance Exams and their preparation, Admission, Placements and other information of Institutes.
World best One Year MBA programme, Two year Full-Time, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA Programs, MBA Specializations, MBA Entrance exams, Rankings of Indian and Global MBA course, News and updates offered by Aftergraduation.