CPT (Common Proficiency Test) is the first step to become Chartered Accountant. The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has announced the next CPT exam to be conducted on Sunday December 17, 2017. Students who have registered before June 30, 2017 are eligible to appear for CA CPT Dec 2017 exam.
ICAI conducts CPT exam twice a year in the months on June and December. Earlier CPT exam was conducted on Sunday June 18, 2017. To appear for CPT exam, a student need to prior registered for it. This post contains the complete information of CA CPT Dec 2017 Exam – Time Table, Fees, Exam Date Sheet and other details.
There are 2 sessions in CPT exam i.e. Morning session 10.30 AM to 12.30 PM and Afternoon session 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM. Fundamentals of accounting and Mercantile law exam will be conducted in Morning session and General economics and Quantitative aptitude will be conducted in Afternoon session.
CA CPT Dec 2017 Examination Time Table
CA CPT Dec 2017 Exam Time Table has been provided below –
|Start of Online CPT Dec 2017 Examination Form||October 4, 2017|
|End date to fill Online CPT Dec 2017 form (without late fee)||October 25, 2017|
|End date to fill Online CPT Dec 2017 form (with late fee)||November 01, 2017|
|Date of CPT Dec 2017 Exam||December 18, 2017|
|CA CPT Dec 2017 Result will be available||January 18, 2018 (tentative)|
|First Session (i.e. Morning Session)||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)
Section – A Fundamentals of Accounting
Section – B Mercantile Laws
|Second Session (i.e. Afternoon Session)||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)
Section – C General Economics
Section – D Quantitative Aptitude
Exam Fee for CPT Dec 2017 Attempt
|For Centres in India||Rs. 1000/-|
|For Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat Centres||US $ 300/-|
|For Kathmandu Centre||INR 1700/-|
The fees payable for the Common Proficiency Test is INR 1000/- for centres in India, INR 1700/- for centres in Kathmandu (Nepal) and $ 300/- for centres in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat.
Interested and eligible students can remit the examination fee online by using either VISA or MASTER Credit / Debit Card. They shall however, be required to remit additional INR 600/- towards late fee (for Domestic & Kathmandu centres) and US$ 10 (for other Overseas centres) in case the application online is made after October 25, 2017 and upto November 01, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for CPT Dec 2017 Examination Form
- The aforesaid Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is open only to students registered with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the Common Proficiency Course on or before June 30, 2017 and fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions.
- Candidates who have applied on or before June 30, 2017 for Common Proficiency Course registration with Regional offices of the Institute / Online but have not yet been issued registration number, can also apply for admission to CPT Dec 2017 examination on Provisional basis; subject to their submission of a copy of their registration letter to the Examination Department at a later stage but before issue of Admit Cards.
Total 191 major cities and places are located as Examination Centres in India, provided that sufficient number of candidates offers themselves to appear from the centre. There are also overseas centres for students –
- Abu Dhabi
The Council reserves the right to withdraw any centre at any stage without assigning any reason.
CA CPT Application Form for Dec 2017 Exams
- The Application Form for admission to CPT December 2017 examination can be filled online from October 4, 2017 to 25th October, 2017.
- October 25, 2017 is the last date for submission of filled up examination application form without late fees and till November 01, 2017 with late fees.
- Aspirants for admission to Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is required to apply application online at http://icaiexam.icai.org
CPT Exam Pattern
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy. It is an objective type MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) test of 200 marks of 4 subjects namely, Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude with an objective to test the basic knowledge in these subjects.
CPT is divided into two sessions of two hours each, in between there is a small break. In the first session there are two sections:
Section A – Fundamentals of Accounting carrying 60 marks, and
Section B – Mercantile laws carrying 40 marks.
In the second session there are two sections:
Section C – General Economics carrying 50 marks, and
Section D – Quantitative Aptitude also carrying 50 marks.
Each question carries one mark and has four given choices. The students are required to darken the correct choice (circle) with a pencil in the given OMR sheet provided in the examination. The original test paper along with OMR sheet is to be returned before leaving the examination hall.
Marking & Passing Strategy
A candidate for the Common Proficiency Test shall be declared passed the test if he obtains at one sitting a minimum of thirty per cent marks in each section (subject) and a minimum of fifty per cent marks in the aggregate of all the sections, subject to the principle of negative marking [(¼ (one fourth) mark shall continue to be deducted for each wrong answer and multiple darkened circles for a question will also be treated as wrong answer].
Accordingly, if a candidate secures a minimum of 30 per cent marks in each section but fails to secure 50 per cent marks in the aggregate of all sections, his result will be FAIL.
|Minimum Passing Marks for CPT Dec 2017|
|Section||Subject||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks|
|A||Fundamentals of Accounting||60||18|
Please Also Note
- Last date for submission of on-line without late fee – October 25, 2017
- Please note that sale & submission of OMR examination application form has been discontinued w.e.f. May 2017 examinations onward.
- Candidates of CA CPT Dec 2017 Examinations will be allowed to opt for Hindi medium for answering papers. Detailed information will be found printed in the Guidance Notes, available on the ICAI website.
If you have any queries or comments regarding ICAI CPT December 2017 Exam, please post your query on our Aftergraduation Forum to be discussed.