ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) has announced the exam details for the Certificate Course on Forex and Treasury Management (FXTM). ICAI has invited the members registered for the Certificate Course on Forex and Treasury Management (FXTM) towards next examination of the Course which will be held on January 27 and 28, 2018 (Saturday and Sunday).
The Non-Standing Committees of the ICAI, The Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) Committee conducts the Certificate Course on Forex and Treasury Management (FXTM) for professional development of members in this field. The Certificate Course is an advanced course on Treasury Management (including Forex Treasury) for Chartered Accountants.
This course covers foreign exchange market, money market, bond market operations and related financial products. The main objective of this course is to develop skill sets which would be required for making sound financial decisions in an international context.
It analyses the international finance environment within which banks, other intermediaries, and companies operate and how it affects their operations in treasury. Sound treasury management utilizes the right financial products and tools for minimizing risk. The course examines alternative strategies and techniques that can be employed to manage the risks associated with international business transactions and other treasury operations. It also provides an overview of the structure and key functions of the treasury.
ICAI conducts certification course on FXTM at different locations. AfterGraduation herein presents the complete details of FXTM course and its examination details.
Details regarding the objective of FXTM, Eligibility Criteria, Course Structure, Course duration & fees, Evaluation, How to register etc are provided below in this article. Interested aspirants can fill the examination form along with requisite and send before the last date of submission of examination form i.e January 19, 2018.
Learning Objectives of FXTM
- To have a contextual appreciation of the changes taking place in the global financial market, the issues facing the corporate financial manager, the development of academic theory and of practice in explaining and managing the financial risk which these changes bring.
- Understand and conquer the complexities of ForeX and treasury management.
- Be able to solve integrated and practical treasury problem.
- Identify and evaluate exchange rate risks facing domestic and multinational companies.
- Apply and evaluate alternative methods for managing foreign exchange.
- Be able to use forex derivatives to hedge forex risk.
- Be able to structure the finances of foreign operations.
- Be able to make international capital budgeting decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage cash and liquidity in the multinational organization.
- Be able to make short-term investment decisions.
- Be able to use money market instruments, bond market instruments and manage interest risk using derivatives.
- Be able to understand linkages between money market and Forex market.
- Demonstrate understanding of ethical and compliance issues
Eligibility Criteria for FXTM Course
Only the Members of ICAI and the Students of the Institute who have passed the CA Final Examination are eligible to pursue this course. Participants are presumed to have the advanced theoretical knowledge and understanding of Forex and Treasury. Sessions will focus on practical aspects of treasury management.
FXTM Jan. 2018 Exam Schedule and Details
|Dates of Examination||Timings of Examination||Paper||Chapters||Marks|
|January 27,2018 (Saturday)||10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (IST)||Paper 1||Chapters 1 to 6 along with case studies and practical questions||100 marks|
|January 28, 2018 (Sunday)||10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (IST)||Paper 2||Chapters 7 to 12 along with case studies and practical questions||100 marks
The last date for submission of examination form and payment of fees is January 19, 2018.
Admit Card and details of examination centre will be intimated to the respective candidate via email to be provided by the candidate.
FXTM Jan. 2018 Exam Centres
Classes will be for Eight days on Weekends (Saturday and Sunday only) from 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
75% attendance in classes is mandatory for appearing in the exams i.e. out of 8 classes, a participant has to attend minimum 6 classes for appearing in the evaluation exam.
FXTM Examination Fees
- Participants of 46th batch of the Course whose classes were conducted during 4th Nov to 10th dec,2017 at Noida are not required to pay examination fees however, the members of this batch are mandatorily required to fill the examination form for confirming their presence on the scheduled examination dates with centre
at the hyperlink: https://goo.gl/forms/sfLdycbcwD5sDlYE2
3. Members other than this batch are required to mandatorily pay examination fees of INR 2360/-[Exam fee 2000 + INR 360 (18% GST)] at the link given hereinbelow.
- Members are cautioned to pay the examination fee carefully at the link given against the examination centre where they wish to appear for the examination. The examination centre once opted by a member would not be allowed to change, however, ICAI reserves the right to cancel the examination at any centre at its discretion.
|Examination Centre opted||Payment link|
FXTM Exam Evaluation Pattern
There will be 2 Papers of 100 marks each for three hours at the end of the course and one Project of 150 marks will be allotted during the classroom sessions. The paper will consist of 65% multiple objective type questions and 35% subjective type question. A passing grade is awarded if the candidate obtains 40% marks in each paper and project and 50% in the aggregate marks of theoretical examinations and Project Report.
|Paper-1||Chapters 1-6 along with case studies and practical questions||100 Marks|
|Paper-2||Chapters 7-12 along with case studies and practical questions||100 Marks|
|Project/s||Topic given during sessions||150 Marks|
MODULE – I
CHAPTER– 1 Treasury – Organisation Structure
CHAPTER– 2 Treasury – Process
CHAPTER– 3 Treasury – Domestic
CHAPTER– 4 Treasury – Forex
CHAPTER– 5 Treasury – Mathematics
CHAPTER– 6 Treasury – Technology
MODULE – II
CHAPTER– 7 Treasury – Accounting
CHAPTER – 8 Treasury – Taxation
CHAPTER – 9 Treasury – Types
CHAPTER – 10 Treasury – Risk Management
CHAPTER – 11 Treasury – Regulation, Supervision and Compliance
CHAPTER – 12 Treasury – Auditing
Here you got the details about Forex and Treasury Management (FXTM) Course and its next examination. Have any doubts or comments, you can post either on the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Share this article “Certificate Course On Forex And Treasury Management (FXTM) By ICAI” to your friends, who are interested in Foreign Exchange Market, Money market, Bond market operations and related International financial products and a member of ICAI too. Connect with us for more updates, follow Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter or you can write to us at email@example.com