The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) will train professionals, executive, GST practitioners from across the country through its certificate course on GST – Goods and Service Tax. ICMAI has launched a certificate course on GST, a major tax reform in the Country and is a major game changer. There has been a paradigm shift in the Indirect Tax structure with the GST rollout w.e.f July 01, 2017.
Certificate Course on GST Objective
- As a professional, it is imperative to understand and assimilate the new taxation structure, associated compliances and the changes in business processes emanating therefrom.
- With this intention in the backdrop, a course module on GST has been planned so as to upgrade the knowledge level of our members & professionals in a structured and practical oriented manner.
Institute has two-fold expectations from this course, first, the GST concepts and implementation has to be understood in a simple way by professional colleagues, so that the same can be passed on to the business houses, traders and other such concerns having GST impact in their respective locations.
Interested Candidate should be –
- Qualified Cost & Management Accountants.
- Other Professionals
- Executives from Industries
- GST Practitioners
Course Duration, Fees, Examination and other Modalities
- Course Duration: 12 weeks (to be conducted on Quarterly basis). Live classes on Saturday – 2 Hrs & Sunday – 4 Hrs
- Assessment: Online mode (Assessment to be conducted in the last week of the following month of every quarter)
- Course Fee: Rs. 10,000 + GST (20% Discount for CMAs) and Examination Fee Rs. 1000 + GST.
- Award of Certificate: Candidates with at least 70% attendance in the classes and also passing the online examination will be awarded a Certificate by the Institute
- Study Materials & Model Question Bank to be provided to all participants.
- Experienced faculties from Industry and practice.
- Batch Size – Minimum 20 each location; Maximum 40 each location
Location for Certificate Course on GST
Classes will be held on Saturday & Sundays at all State Capital and at the following locations also –
North – Faridabad, Gurgaon, Udaipur, and Noida
South – Cochin, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, and Mysore
East – Durgapur, Asansol, Berhampur, and Rourkela
West – Pune, Surat, Nagpur, and Nasik
Detailed GST Course Contents
Topic covered –
- Constitutional Background of GST, Concepts of GST & Definitions in GST.
- Taxable Event, Time of Supply and Place of Supply, Composite & mixed supply, non-taxable supply, exempt supply, works contract, exempted supply.
- Classification, HSN, SAC
- Valuation under GST, Valuation rule
- Input Tax Credit
- Basic Procedures- Registration, Invoice, Bill of supply, E way Bills etc.
- Records and Returns
- Zero Rated Supplies, Imports and Exports
- Payment and Refunds,
- Adjudication and appeal
- Penalties and Prosecutions
- Advance Ruling
- Job Work
- Anti profiteering
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Case studies on specific Chapters involving real-life scenarios
About The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) is a premier professional body of Management Accountants in the country established on May 28, 1959, under the Cost and Works Accountants Act, 1959 enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Cost and Management Accountancy in India.
The Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) is Statutorily recognized by the Parliament as The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI), w.e.f. Feb 01, 2012. The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) is the largest Cost & management body in Asia and second largest Cost & Management Accounting body in the world.
Over the years the Cost and Management Accountancy profession has registered a tremendous growth and has occupied a prominent role in our economy and society. The Institute has more than 5,00,000 students and more than 70,000 qualified members contributing to Indian Industries providing relevant and appropriate professional accounting services.
International Membership of the Institute
The Institute, as a leader in the field of accountancy in the South Asian Region, is also imparting training to accountants from overseas countries. The Institute is a Member of below Global Accreditation:
- The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- The Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants (CAPA)
- The South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA)
- National Foundation for Corporate Governance (NFCG)
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
If you have any queries regarding “ICAI (ICMAI) Certificate Course on GST, Goods and Service Tax”, please post your query on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. All the best GST and ICMAI Certificate Course aspirants. Connect with us for more updates, follow Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.