The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has launched post qualification certificate courses in Virtual Mode to provide knowledge at the doorsteps of ICAI members & students. Keeping in mind the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak and lockdown situation, the courses will be completely online.
- Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting & Fraud Detection,
- 50 hours Educational Course by ICAI Registered Valuers Organisation (RVO), and
- Certificate Course on Concurrent Audit of Banks.
CA Atul Kumar Gupta, President, ICAI said in the notification “In this time of pandemic, ICAI will put technology to optimum use for efficient delivery of services and betterment of the professional capabilities. ICAI’s technology driven initiatives of DCMM, UDIN and Digital Learning Hub are well recognized, used and acknowledged by various professional organisations globally, and we will work together to leverage tech-driven innovations to give our profession a winning edge and raise a generation of global professionals.”
To provide knowledge at the doorsteps of ICAI members & students, Institute launched the Digital Learning Hub to provide state-of-the-art online training courses / E-books/ video lectures and other material covering the domain through which members and students can learn and enhance their knowledge during the physical lockdown.
As technology has stepped in to play a key role in every sphere, be it education, business etc., ICAI has harnessed technology for professional excellence. To enhance knowledge and qualification of its members, ICAI has recently launched important post qualification/certificate courses in Virtual Mode for its members.
ICAI Virtual Course Details
1. Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting & Fraud Detection: Considering increasing incidents of cyber-crimes and frauds, the course on Forensic Accounting, Fraud Detection & Prevention specialization is in increasing demand. This course allows candidate the practice of utilizing accounting, auditing, CAATs/ Data Mining Tools, and investigative skills to detect frauds. ICAI conducting Virtual Classes of Certificate Course on Forensic Accounting & Fraud Detection through its Digital Learning Hub.
2. 50 hours Educational Course by ICAI Registered Valuers Organisation: ICAI Registered Valuers Organisation, a section 8 Company formed by ICAI launched its 1st On-Line batch of 50 hours Educational Course for the Asset Class- Securities or Financial Assets on April 26th. The course will complete on May 3rd, 2020.
The course is designed as per the syllabus prescribed by Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) which is a mix of Valuation as well as Law and other related topic which includes topics like heads of income, various laws, macro-economics, financial experience is eligible to become Registered Valuer.
3. Certificate Course on Concurrent Audit of Banks: ICAI through its Internal Audit Standards Board (IASB) conducts Certificate Course on “Concurrent Audit of Banks” to enable members to understand the intricacies of concurrent audit of banks. The goal of this course is to supplement the effort of the banks in carrying out internal check of the transactions and other verifications and compliance with the procedures laid down; to improve the effectiveness of concurrent audit system in banks and to improve quality and coverage of concurrent audit reports. Recently, IASB launched Virtual Certificate Course on Concurrent Audit of Banks.
ICAI President further added “The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), global organization for the accountancy profession recognising the online modules in these times of crises; had sought if ICAI could provide this facility globally to all Professional bodies for a limited time and ICAI has offered its voluntary and free support for the professional brethren globally.”
ICAI’s endeavor is to ensure that the future Chartered Accountants acquire unmatched proficiency in accounting domain and are well prepared for future professional lives.
Interested and eligible candidates can check the details of ICAI launched virtual courses to provide doorstep learning during Coronavirus Lockdown. Please post your comments and queries in the below comment box.