The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) introduces a compulsory exam to assess CA student’s skills during their practical training i.e Articleship. The Institute assesses CA Students with online MCQ based tests after completion of the first and second year of practical training. The next ICAI practical training assessment test is scheduled for March 22, 2020.
The First and second levels of practical training tests are applicable for students completing their first and second years of practical training on or after 1 April 2018, respectively.
Eligibility for ICAI Practical Assessment Test
- The students who have completed their 1st/ 2nd year of articleship from April 1 – December 31, 2019, are eligible to appear in this test.
- The students who have already appeared in the practical training assessment test before and wish to improve their performance/grade can re-appear in this test. The best of the grade in all the assessment test will be considered for inclusion in the marksheet.
- The students who have registered for the earlier assessment test(s) but could not appear due to some reason, can also register for this test with a registration fee of Rs. 200.
ICAI PT Assessment Registration Schedule
The registration for March 22, 2020, practical assessment test will open on February 24, 2020, (Monday) at 11.00 am and close on March 2, 2020, (Monday) midnight.
How to Register Online for ICAI Articleship Test?
Students may register online for the ICAI articleship test during the above mentioned time period through the CA articleship registration portal by selecting their preferences for test date and location. A candidate needs not to pay any test fee if he/she applies for the test first time.
There is no need to submit any print out (hardcopy) of the application form at the office of the Institute.
ICAI Practical Training Assessment Test Pattern
- The test would be of 75 marks (Duration: 2 hours) for 1st level test and of 100 marks (Duration: 2 hours) for 2nd level test.
- The test will be Objective Type MCQ based examination. There will be no negative marking.
- The students completing their 1st/ 2nd year of articleship in a particular quarter of a year would be eligible to register for the assessment test in the subsequent quarter.
- Students on their performance in the assessments will be assigned grades as below:
- A grade – 80% and above
- B grade – 60% and above but below 80%
- C grade – 40% and above but below 60%
- D grade – Below 40%
These grades will be appear on the final mark sheet of the student.
READ ALSO: How To Apply Articleship In Big 4?
Issuance of Admit Card
The Admit Card for the CA PT Assessment test will be available online 5 days before the test date and candidates are requested to take a printout of the same. No physical admit cards will be issued.
Have any doubt or query regarding ICAI Practical Training Assessment Test, you can discuss or post it in the below comment box.
Stay connected for more and regular information on CA, CS, CMA, higher education, Professional course, entrance exams update, Career Guidance among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.