After certain adverse reports’ related to the current system in the evaluation of CA Exams answer books, the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), released clarification regarding the reforms which have been put in place recently in the organisation of the exams. The ICAI announced that all papers of CA Intermediate and Foundation level exams to be held in November 2019 and May 2020 will be put through the digital evaluation mode.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) on September 21, 2019, announced that all answer scripts of the Chartered Accountants Intermediate and CA Foundation exams of November 2019/May 2020 will be digitally evaluated.
Reforms in ICAI’s Evaluation of CA Exams Answer Books
Below are the reforms that ICAI planned while evaluating answer books for CA Examination –
1. Digital Evaluation: In continuation to the initiatives towards reforms in CA Course and Examination System, communicated in December 2018, all papers of Intermediate and Foundation level exams in November 2019/May 2020 will be put through the digital evaluation mode bringing in following benefits
- the physical handling of answer books at different stages will not be required
- Avoiding variations in marks awarded by examiners.
- Eliminating the scope of any totalling errors.
- Continuous review of the performance of the Examiners on a real-time basis;
- Generation of analytical reports enabling quality control checks; and
2. Central Evaluation: Further the Central Evaluation is being carried out in several papers of CA exams, w.e.f November 2018 wherein examiners evaluate answer books under the supervision of Head Examiner/Associate Head Examiners.
3. Machine-Based Evaluation: Effective from CA May 2019 exams, objective type questions for 30 marks have been introduced in selected papers of Intermediate and Final Exams.
The institute has decided to introduce OMR based evaluation for the Final programme (new course). With effect from November 2019, the Institute has decided to introduce OMR based evaluation for MCQ’s of Elective Papers 6A to 6F of CA Final New Course. The OMR based evaluation is machine processed thus avoiding subjectivity.
4. Stepwise Marking: Provision regarding stepwise marking is being enforced whereby in case the stepwise marks are not awarded; it will be deemed as the unevaluated answer and stepwise marks will be awarded during the course of re-verification of marks
5. Mandatory On-line test for Examiners: All applicants shortlisted for empanelment as examiners are required to qualify an on-line test in the subject of their choice before inclusion of their names in the Panel of Examiners. The institute has mentioned in its notification that the evaluators have to go through an online test in a gap of three years.
This is a Good News for ICAI Members and Students..!!. Here we have shared details about “ICAI Reforms in Evaluation of CA Exams Answer Books”. Have any doubts or queries, you can post in the below comment box or above query box.
Stay tuned with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses, Higher Education, Entrance Exams, Career Guidance among other information.