The Taxation Committee of the Institute of Cost Accountant of India (ICAI/ICMAI) has invited the application for its online certificate course on TDS (Tax Deducted at Source). Interested and eligible candidates can apply for this 15 days online course before November 15, 2018. Read the full article for ICMAI Certificate Course on TDS Eligibility, Fees, Duration, Course content and other Details.
What is TDS or Tax Deducted at Source?
Tax Deducted at Source or TDS as the very name implies, is a type of indirect tax with the aim to collect taxes at the very source of income. This indirect method of tax combines the concepts of “pay as you earn” and “collect as it is being earned.”
As per this concept, a person (deductor) who is liable to make payment of specified nature to any other person (deductee) shall deduct tax at source and remit the same into the account of the Central Government. The deductee from whose income tax has been deducted at source would be entitled to get a credit of the amount so deducted on the basis of Form 26AS or TDS certificate issued by the deductor.
As TDS is cut at the source of income, it helps check tax evasion and also relieves the taxpayer from the burden of paying huge taxes all at once at the end of the financial year.
Eligibility for ICMAI Certificate Course on TDS
- Qualified Cost & Management Accountants (CMA).
- BCOM & MCOM
- Tax Practitioners
- Students who are either CMA qualified or CMA pursuing
Highlights of the ICMAI Certificate Course on TDS
- Course Duration: 30 hours (15 Days, 2 Hrs each)
- Online Registration: Started from October 02, 2018 till November 15, 2018
- Study & Assessment: Online mode
- Course Fee: Rs. 10,000 + GST;
- Examination Fee: Rs. 1000 + GST.
Other Modalities of ICMAI Certificate Course on TDS
- Award of Certificate: Certificate will be awarded by the Institute to the candidates passing the online examination with at least 50% Marks.
- Study Materials & Model Question Bank to be provided to all participants
- Experienced faculties from Industry and practice
- Overview of TDS: covering rationale for TDS, TDS on differentü types of payments, the person making payment – agent of Government, the practice followed in other countries, etc.
- TDS provisions as per Income Tax Act: TDS on payment toü residents:- salary, payments to contractors, rent, commission, professional fees, etc
- Obligations of Payerü & Rights of Recipients. Duties and responsibilities of the person
- Provisions relating to Payment and Deposit of TDS, Issuance ofü certificate
- Filing of quarterly return, Correction return, Revised Return,ü Electronic uploading of return and downloading of console files, etc.
- Tax on Perquisites and TDS on Acquisitions.194LAü
- Payment to Non Residentü & Domestic Transfer Pricing Practical Issues.
- TDS – Assessment and Appeal procedureü
- TCS Provisions – Applicability of procurement of Real Estateü
- Recent changes in TDS procedures and Relevant case studies
For any Queries
Candidates having any further queries can contact the Institute through call, mail and visiting the office.
Here you got the details about ‘ICMAI Certificate Course on TDS: Course Eligibility, Fees, Duration and Content’. Have any doubts regarding the certificate Course you can post your comments or queries in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for more on Higher Education, Professional Course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information. Connect with us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation.