The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is offering a Certificate course in Goods & Services Tax for its members and professional programme students. This course is aimed to equip Company Secretaries with the skills and to develop their competencies in the area of GST.
ICSI had signed an MoU with BSE Institute Limited (BIL) a wholly owned subsidiary of BSE Limited, to offer a Certificate course in Goods and Services Tax, GST. The objective of the course is to provide sufficient practical knowledge to the members.
The objective of the course is to provide a comprehensive insight into the principles of GST as well as other nuances of the indirect tax regime. It assists the candidate to attain an understanding of the GST concepts as well as its implementation and apprise them about the current developments with respect to GST.
Role Of CS In GST Era
- Representation services
- GST compliance in Employment
- GST Practitioner
Course Structure & Assessment
The Certificate course in GST is an advanced level course and shall examine a candidate’s knowledge of various concepts of GST.
In order to give sufficient practical knowledge of GST, the course has been modelled with web-based classes followed by an online examination.
The ICSI Members and Professional Programme students shall be eligible for the admission to the course.
Duration of Certificate Course in Goods & Services Tax
- The duration of this certificate course is 5 weeks.
- Web-based classes will be conducted every Saturday and Sunday.
- An online examination will be held after completing 5 weeks of web-based classes.
Certificate Course in Goods & Services Tax Registration
- The eligible and interested students can apply for the course online through www.icsi.edu.
- For Registration click on the link: https://tinyurl.com/y2uzlwyh
- The members and Professional programme students will be enrolled on a first come first served basis. The minimum batch size will be 40 participants.
- The registration fees of Rs. 7,500/- inclusive of GST to be paid online.
- The Soft copy of the study material will be provided to the participants.
- The online live session shall be recorded and post the session is conducted the recording shall be made available to the participants in 5 working days. However, this will not be considered for marking attendance.
Certificate Course in Goods & Services Tax Examination/Assessment
- Minimum Attendance of 60% is compulsory, in order to appear in the online examination,
- The online examination will be conducted at the end of the course.
- This examination comprises of multiple choice or short questions.
- The passing criteria will be 50%.
- In case the participant is unable to qualify the online test in his/her first attempt, he/she will be given two more attempt(s) to appear and qualify the online test in subsequent batch(es) of the course.
- If a candidate does not appear at the examination, that also be counted as an attempt.
- There will be no separate examination fee.
Award of Certificate
- Candidates with the requisite attendance (minimum 60%) in the classes and also successful passing the online examination will be awarded a Certificate by ICSI jointly with BSE Institute Limited.
Interested participants can check the detailed brochure of the course uploaded on the ICSI link. If you have any feedback/queries regarding “ICSI Certificate Course in GST”, please post your query in the below comment box or discuss through AfterGraduation Forum.