The Institute of Companies Secretaries of India, ICSI awards various scholarship and financial assistance to CS Students, namely, Merit, Merit-cum-Means to meritorious and economically weaker students. Along with this Institute had created ‘ICSI Students Education Fund Trust’ to financially assist the economically backward students in academics. Students can check eligibility criteria and benefits of ICSI Scholarship and financial assistance.
The Institute of Companies Secretaries of India awards Merit Scholarships and Merit-cum-Means Assistance to the meritorious students based on their performance in the Institute’s examination. Merit-cum-Means assistance is awarded to economically weaker students to enable them to pursue the course. SC/ST applicants are required to pay only half the fee chargeable from other applicants.
The eligible students are required to apply in prescribed Scholarship Application Form (mentioned below). The details of ICSI scholarships and the criteria applied for the selection of applicants are as under:
ICSI Merit Scholarship
The institute awards 15 numbers of Merit scholarships in each session. The eligibility criteria for this scholarship are –
- Only registered students are eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be awarded in order of their merit/rank, from amongst the candidates who appeared and passed in all the subjects of their respective examination, at first attempt, in one sitting, without claiming exemption in any subject, on the all-India basis.
ICSI Merit-Cum Means Scholarship
The institute awards 15 numbers of financial assistance in each session only to registered students. According to the scheme, a candidate has to apply in prescribed form obtainable from the Institute and submit their application within a specified date as notified from time to time.
- Any candidate aspiring for ICSI scholarship and financial assistance should have passed the CS Foundation or both groups of the CS Intermediate examination, at the first attempt, in one sitting, without claiming exemption in any subject.
- If the candidate is employed or is having an independent source of income, then the income should be lower than Rs. 36000 per annum, and
- If an applicant is dependent on his/her parents/guardian/spouse, then the combined income from all the sources should not be more than Rs. 48,000 per annum.
- Students eligible for the financial assistance ward if they have cleared CS Foundation Exams and got registered with the Institute within three months from the date of declaration of results.
ICSI Students Education Fund Trust
With a view to encourage and promote economically backwards and academically bright students to pursue the Company Secretaryship Course, the Institute has created ‘ICSI Students Education Fund Trust‘ as part of its social responsibility.
|Stage of Programme||Categories of Students and Eligibility Criteria|
|Economically backward students (with Family Income upto Rs.1,00,000 per annum) with good academic records||Academically Bright Students without any limit of Their Family Income|
|Foundation Programme||Minimum 65% Marks (or equivalent CGPA ) in Class XII (Senior Secondary) Stage||Minimum 85% Marks (or equivalent CGPA ) in Class XII (Senior Secondary ) Stage|
|Executive Programme||Minimum 60% Marks (or equivalent CGPA ) in Bachelors Degree Stage / or 65% Marks (aggregate) in CPT of ICAI / or 65% Marks (in aggregate) in Foundation Examination of ICoAI (ICMAI)||Minimum 70% Marks (or equivalent CGPA ) in Bachelors Degree Stage / or 75% Marks (in aggregate) in CPT of ICAI / or 75% Marks (in aggregate) in Foundation examination of ICoAI (ICMAI)|
Benefits Under ICSI SEFT
- Eligible Students shall be refunded the full amount of their Registration/Admission Fee, Postal Tuition Fee, Exemption Fee and other fees normally paid by the students at the time of admission to Foundation / Executive Programme.
- Eligible Students shall also be refunded the Examination Fees paid by them if such student should seek enrolment to the respective examination at the first available opportunity after their admission date and clear that exan at the first attempt.
How to Avail Financial Assistance Under ICSI-SEFT?
- Students aspiring to avail financial assistance under ICSI-SEFT scheme are required to submit the application form with the desired documents within six months from the month of taking admission in Company Secretaryship, Foundation/Executive/Professional Programme. Applications received at the Institute shall not be entertained, if received after the expiry of the six months period.
- A student is firstly required to make all full payment of the requisite fees and then submit his/her claim for refund to the prescribed application form. If found eligible, his/her fees will be refunded.
- Students wishing of availing the financial assistance may submit their application form in the prescribed format (please click here) along with all supporting documents to Director (Student Services), The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), C-37, Sector 62, Noida 201 309.
Share this article “ICSI Scholarship and Financial Assistance For Student”, who are studying CS Foundation, Executive and Professional Programmes. Have any doubts regarding ICSI Scholarship, you can ask us via the AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us for regular updates on Higher Education, Professional Course, Entrance Exams update, Career Guidance among other information. Connect with us on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates on CA, CS, CMA, Other professional courses, Post qualification courses and their preparation.