This is the high time for the CS Students, burning the midnight oil for the CS Foundation June 2018 Exams. You have prepared hard and hard work always pays. The computer-based Examination for CS Foundation programme June 2018 will be held on June 09 and 10, 2018 as per timings mentioned on admit card. AfterGraduation shared the important Instructions For Students to be followed in true letter and spirit for appearing in the CS Foundation examination.
General Instructions For CS Foundation Programme
- Verify all the details mentioned on the admit card after taking the print out. The details of his/her Name, Photograph, Signature, Registration Number, Address, Examination Centre (Name, Address, Code, etc.), Date and Timings of Examination etc to be checked. In case of any discrepancy, the same may please be brought to the notice of the Institute immediately through e-mail at email@example.com Telephone No.(s) 0120- 4522081/85/87
- Provisionally admitted students of Foundation Programme are required to regularize their admission by submitting proof of passing 10+2 Examinations within six months from the date of registration. Some of the students who have not complied with the requirements but sought enrollment to Examinations are being issued Admission Certificate for appearing in the Examinations on a provisional basis. The date of passing the 10+2 Examinations should be within six months of the date of registration and in case the actual date of passing the 10+2 Examinations is beyond the six months period, the registration will, in any case, be cancelled without further notice. Those students who are yet to submit the certificate(s) are advised to immediately send the scanned copy(ies) of the requisite certificate(s) at E-Mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org and may also ascertain the status of regularization of admission at Tel.No. 0120-4522063/64/65.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they are in possession of a valid Identity Card or any other Photo Identity Card issued by the Government Departments. In case, due to any reason, the photograph and signature of the student are not available in the downloaded Identity Card, the candidates should affix his/her photograph and signature on the downloaded Identity Card and get it attested by a Gazetted Officer/Member of ICSI/Principal of a Recognized School/Manager of a Nationalised Bank etc. with a supporting seal to authenticate.
- Candidates are required to carry with them (i) Admission Certificate; and (ii) Original Student Identity Card to the Examination Centre in every session for establishing their identity and securing admission to the examination, failing which they will not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall.
- Candidates are required to report at the Examination Hall 60 (sixty) minutes before the time specified for the commencement of each examination and occupy their allotted seats in Examination Hall. No candidate shall be allowed to enter the Examination Hall after the completion of 15 minutes of the commencement of examination and no candidate.
- Each student will be appearing for two test sessions, i.e. one test session on each day in the same timings. Candidates must sign the Attendance Sheet on each day for which they are appearing. In no case, a candidate should leave the Examination Hall without signing the Attendance Sheet. Any appearance without the candidate’s signature in the Attendance Sheet shall be treated as absent.
- Every candidate is compulsorily required to appear in all the subjects /Paper(s) for which he/she was enrolled. In case any candidate remains absent in any subject(s)/Paper(s) due to any reason, whatsoever, he/she shall be summarily declared fail.
- Candidates are allowed to use their own battery operated, noiseless and cordless pocket calculator with not more than 6 functions, 12 digits, and 2 memories. Use of programmable, scientific or printing model of calculators or calculators not conforming to above specifications shall not be permitted. Borrowing or exchange of calculators or any other item/material shall not be permitted in the Examination Hall.
CS Foundation Examination Pattern
- Every candidate is compulsorily required to appear in all the subjects /Paper(s) for which they have enrolled. In case any candidate remains absent in any subject(s)/Paper(s) due to any reason, whatsoever, he/she shall be summarily declared fail. However, in case a candidate who has been granted exemption in any one subject i.e., Paper 1 or 2 (on the first day i.e. June 09, 2018) or Paper 3 or 4 (on second day i.e. June 10, 2018) as the case may be, he/she is required to answer only those questions in the relevant subject (Paper) in which he/she is enrolled and leave the examination hall on the expiry of 45 minutes of the commencement of the examination, after submitting the Exam by clicking “Finish” button.
- There will be 50 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) of 2 marks each in each paper and the candidates shall be given 90 minutes for appearing in both papers on each day (45 minutes in case of exemption in one of the paper).
- The question papers will be displayed both in English and Hindi language except for Business Management, Ethics and Communication paper for which questions will be displayed in English only. In case of any doubt or discrepancy in the Hindi language, the English version of the questions shall prevail.
- Only one question will be displayed on the Exam Window at a time. Candidates can answer a question in any order and can navigate between questions either by clicking on ”Previous”/“Next” button or by directly clicking on the question numbers which are displayed in the Paper-wise Summary panel available on the left side of the Exam Window.
- In case a candidate has been granted exemption in Paper 1 and 2 (first day) or Paper 3 and 4 in the (second day), he/she is required to appear only in the relevant subjects (Paper 3 and 4 or Paper 1 and 2 as the case may be), for which he/she is enrolled.
- Candidates are required to secure a minimum of 40% marks in each paper, i.e. Paper- 1, Paper-2, Paper-3 and Paper-4 separately as the case may be, and 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together for passing the CS Foundation Programme Examination. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- A Rough Sheet will be provided to the candidates for carrying out rough work, calculations, etc. during the examination. Candidates are required to mention their Name, Roll Number, Registration Number, Exam Date and Batch Time on the Rough Sheet. That rough Sheet needs to be returned to the Invigilator before leaving the Exam.
ALSO READ: Courses After 12th For Better Career Options
- In case of any doubt or question about the functioning of the Exam Window, candidates may seek advice/guidance from the Invigilator on duty before the commencement of examination only.
- Do not close the Exam Window or try to restart the system at the Examination Centre without informing invigilator.
- Each question is followed by four alternative answers marked as A, B, C and D. The candidate shall choose the most appropriate answer to each question and mark the same through the click of mouse against the appropriate answer. The chosen answer will be highlighted and will automatically be saved. The questions may be answered in any order within the stipulated examination time.
- Candidates shall not click “DONE” button followed by three warnings with “FINISH” button until they have completed all the questions,i.e., 100 questions for both the papers (50 questions in case of exemption in one paper) of their examination. The examination shall not re-start once “FINISH” button is clicked.
- A countdown clock will start on commencement of examination and the same will be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the Exam Window for the remaining time available to a candidate for the Examination.
- Before the conclusion of the examination, the candidates can use the “Bookmark” option by clicking on “BOOKMARK” button, if they wish to review or revisit the question later.
- Every particular question answered by the candidate will be displayed in GREEN colour on the Summary Panel. The questions that are not attempted and not bookmarked for review will be displayed without any colour. Questions Attempted and Bookmarked for review will be highlighted in RED and those which are not attempted but Bookmarked for Review will be displayed in YELLOW.
- After completion of the examination, candidates can click “DONE” button followed by three warnings with “FINISH” button to submit the examination. After the conclusion of examination timing, the system will automatically save, finish and submit the examination.
- A “Thank you” message will appear confirming the completion, finishing, and submission of the examination.
Candidates should strictly follow the various written/ verbal instructions and maintain discipline in the Examination Hall/ Room/ Lab. Infringement of any of these instructions may render the candidates liable for disciplinary action which could lead to cancellation of results of the examination and/or student-ship registration.
Wishing all the aspirants of the Company Secretary Programs to burn their midnight oils to crack the CS Foundation Examinations Dec. 2017. Please post your Queries or Comments regarding “Student Instructions For CS Foundation Programme June 2018 Examination” on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Connect with us for all latest updates through our social media Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.