IIM Ahmedabad’s Food and Agri-Business Management Programme has been ranked number 1 in the world, by a France-based ranking agency Eduniversal, an annual ranking of business schools and universities spread across 150 countries.
The Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agri-Business Management (PGP-FABM) conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has been ranked on top globally in the field of food industry management, for the year 2017. The ranking has been given by a Paris-based organisation Eduniversal, specialising in higher education.
The IIM Ahmedabad in a press statement said that,”The two-year PGP-FABM offered by the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad has been ranked as number one in the world by Eduniversal, France for the year 2017″ .
While attributing the success of the programme, the institute quoted the chairperson of the programme, Debjit Roy, and said that this course helped “cross-functional management exposure” of students who come from diverse backgrounds such as agriculture and food sciences, engineering, biotechnology and life sciences.
“This prepares the participants to take up challenges in this Agri sector and primarily focussed on problem-solving. The alumni from this programme are playing a key role in shaping up policies and addressing the needs of this sector,” as added by the institute.
Further, the Agri-business management courses offered by ESSEC Business School of France, Corness University of USA, Australia’s University of Melbourne and Argentina’s University of Buenos Aires have been ranked second, third, fourth and fifth respectively.
IIMA’s Food and Agri-Business Management Programme Details
- IIM Ahmedabad’s PGP-FABM is a two-year full-time residential programme.
- As per reports, every year, 46 students are selected for this course out of around 1,27,000 applying for the same, the institute said.
- The course covers agriculture and allied areas such as food processing, commodities and rural development sector, and rural infrastructure.
- The first year of the programme follows the same curriculum as other PGP courses offered to students.
- Students are put through a rigorous Rural Immersion Module (RIM) during the summer vacation and internships to enhance their knowledge with field experience of the agricultural business sector.
- Many Graduates of this programe become entrepreneurs or join organisations that operate in the agricultural sector.
About Eduniversal, France
The ‘Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking‘ offers a detailed assessment of Master’s and MBA programmes globally. It has been designed to help prospective students discover the best options for their graduate studies.