IIM Calcutta announced Executive Programme for Young Managers (EPYM) for the working professionals in association with Hughes Global Education, a pioneer in providing the ‘Interactive Online Learning Platform’.
Young people without any formal management education join corporate and non-corporate sector just after passing out academic programs like engineering, medicine, CA, ICWA, CS, and various post graduate level programs with specialization in hardware, software, science, commerce etc. In order to excel during their formative years, they require managerial skills along with their field skills. IIM Calcutta designed EPYM to provide such a group of young people with both perspective and management skill and also equip them with critical inputs required to do well in select functional areas.
Professionals required to develop a managerial attitude along with a broad overview of core business functions and associated inputs in basic discipline areas to perform better in modern organizations. The program provides an integrated overview of core business functions, key concepts, tools and techniques and enhances skills to provide a critical inputs to programme participant, required to do well in functional areas.
Young managers in Marketing, Operations, Finance, Accounts, R & D, HR, and IT, as well as executives working in non-profit and public sector organizations will find this programme useful, as EPYM imparts skills to manage these. The program would enhance the participant’s ability to face current and future challenges of management and business administration.
Objective of EPYM
- Helping young managers, aspiring leaders, and entrepreneurs to strengthen their decision-making and managerial skills.
- To enhance the learning experience of young managers through rigorous inputs from faculty of IIM Calcutta and invited subject experts.
- EPYM is of 1 year duration. The sessions will be delivered through online platform twice in a week (Saturday 6.45 pm – 9.45 pm & Sunday 12.15 pm – 3.15 pm).
- Campus visit takes place twice in a year. The total duration of campus visit is of 7 days.
- Total No. of Hours: 171 hours
Eligibility Criteria for EPYM
- Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed.
- Graduates (10+2+3) / Post graduates in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate – considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4 together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE.
- Minimum 1 – 5 years of work experience (full-time paid employment) post completion of graduation as on Application Closure Date.
EPYM Admission Criteria & Profile Desired
An Entrance Test will be conducted to select eligible candidates to the programme. Candidates who qualify the above eligibility criteria will be considered for the Entrance Test. Final Selection will be made basis the candidates’ performance in the Entrance Test.
Desired Proficiency in the Candidate (in addition to the Eligibility Criteria) –
- Proficiency in English since it would be the medium of instruction.
- Basic numerical ability and mathematical skills – including Algebra (e.g. Equation of Straight Line), Basic Differential & Integral Calculus and Ability to Interpret Graphs.
- Ability to reason logically.
- General awareness – including knowledge of Industry
Core Modules (5 sessions of 3 hours for each of the following)
- Behavioral Science
- Operations Management
Advanced Modules (5 sessions of 3 hours for each of the following)
- Advanced Behavioral Science
- Advanced Marketing
- Advanced Finance
- Advanced Operations
How To Apply
For further details and for downloading the application forms please visit http://www.hugheseducation.com/iim-calcutta/epym
- Superior performance on the job.
- Exclusive focus on imparting managerial skills.
- Development of career.
- IIM Calcutta will award a certificate to participants who complete the program successfully. Successful Candidates will be offered the IIMC – MDP Alumni status.
If you have any queries or comments regarding IIMC EPYM, please post on our Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to discuss.