The Indian healthcare sector is growing at a tremendous pace and is projected to become a US$ 280 billion industry by 2020. This, in turn, has increased the demand for skilled healthcare professionals to meet the managerial challenges of this sector. The Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (IIMC) has introduced a one-year Full time Residential Post-Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management (PGCHM), tailor-made for the healthcare practitioners and administrators.
The PGCHM aims to impart cutting edge management education to trained healthcare professionals from varying domains. This programme is designed to address the specific needs of aspiring healthcare practitioners and administrators by offering a combination of academic modules in the broad field of management, and hands-on practical experience by way of Industry Immersion Programme (IIP).
The program draws upon a reputed network of healthcare service providers for an effective delivery of the programme in both its dimensions – the academic and the industry immersion.
Objective of Program
- The objectives of PGCHM are to develop interdisciplinary orientation towards management of healthcare besides, delivering customised management education to healthcare professionals.
- Under the programme, participants will be trained in managerial leadership, familiarised with innovation and entrepreneurship in Indian healthcare sector.
- It will also sensitise them with the macro policy context, both global and national
- Inculcating comparative framework specifically in relations to healthcare challenges of developing countries.
Program Designed For
Healthcare professionals in general, and specifically, hospital administrators, doctors, professionals from medical and allied sectors such as pharmaceuticals and medical insurance as well as healthcare entrepreneurs.
The programme design consists of two main components – classroom-based on-campus teaching and capstone projects, and off-campus industry immersion. The programme faculty includes the IIM Calcutta faculty as well as reputed professionals from the healthcare industry.
As a long duration residential programme, PGCHM will enable participants to experience the academically rigorous, professionally rich, collaborative, and vibrant community life at IIM Calcutta. These features distinguish the programme from many others of its kind in India and elsewhere.
- Medical practitioners and administrators with MBBS/BDS/BAMS degree or equivalent recognized by UGC/AICTE/MCI or equivalent.
- Students having degrees in pharmacy, biotechnology, biomedical and life sciences are eligible to apply.
- Students from other disciplines with experience in healthcare sector shall also be eligible.
- Applicants need to have minimum 50% marks [aggregate – considering results of all years] in graduation / post-graduation.
- Candidates should have a minimum of two years of experience in the healthcare sector as on application Closure Date.
Selection criteria: Educational Qualification and allied experience, entrance examination/personal interview.
Application Closure Date: Monday, 16 January 2017
Interview dates: 3rd and 4th week, January 2017
Result of Selected Candidates: Monday, 31 January 2017
Orientation and Programme Start Date: Monday, 10 April 2017
- Instruction to apply the online Application can be checked at https://iimcal.ac.in/pgchm-application-form-instructions or
- Download application form and send the filled in application to the Institute with all relevant documents and application fee.