The Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai (IIT Bhilai) is located in Bhilai District of Chhattisgarh State. It is one of the six new IITs established by the Government of India. IIT Bhilai currently offers two-year M.Tech and PhD degree programs under the Post Graduation label. Check this article for IIT Bhilai MTech Admission 2018 complete details of eligibility, admission procedure, schedule (important dates), application fees, Selection Procedure and other details.
IIT Bhilai provides two-year full-time M.Tech courses in specific domains. Currently, IIT Bhilai offers Masters of Technology program in the following departments:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Bhilai MTech Admission 2018
- A candidate requires a either a Bachelor of Engineering/Technology degree with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) or a Master’s degree in Science or equivalent degree, with first class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) from a recognized AICTE approved college or from any of the IITs, NITs or IITs.
- A valid GATE score to be eligible for admission in the MTech program or CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more for BTech from an IIT.
Institute fellowship may be available to the selected students in the regular category.
Details of the application fee for PG admissions are given below. The application fee is neither refundable nor transferable. Payments have to be made online by using State Bank Collect only.
Application Fee for PG Admissions 2018-19 Semester
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||INR 100/-|
|All other candidates||INR 200/-|
*PwD means Persons with Disability.
Guidelines for IIT Bhilai MTech Admission 2018
- The application form is available on iitbhilai.ac.in which is the official website of IIT Bhilai. Candidates must read the instructions given in the brochure attached to the application form carefully before filling it.
- The candidates must fill out the application form online with appropriate details. The filled out forms are needed to be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org for admission in the M.Tech program. Applicants NEED NOT send the hard-copy of the application form.
- Reservations are applicable for candidates in Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer (OBC- NC)/ Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Disability (PWD) category, as per the rules of Government of India.
- Candidates should complete the application form in all respects, incomplete application forms will not be entertained.
- Following add-ons should be attached by the candidates along with their application forms:-
a. Passport size photograph.
b. Mark-sheet of qualifying degree/ Mark-sheet of the last semester. Result- awaiting candidates have to send their recent/previous semester mark-sheet.
c. Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC) if applicable.
d. The limit of OBC-NC is Rs. 6 LPA. The OBC-NC certificate issued by the Competent Authority for the respective financial year should be attached in the prescribed format and submitted at the time of admission.
- The shortlisted candidates called for final round comprising written test and personal interview should bring with them a copy of their online application form, Photo ID card, Thesis/Dissertation/Report/ Publications, a copy of certificates and mark sheets.
- Applicants having degree from foreign universities should upload equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for qualifying Exam and proof of having first class or 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks or equivalent in qualifying examination.
Schedule of IIT Bhilai MTech Admission 2018
|Start date of online application||April 23, 2018|
|Last date for receipt of completed application form at IIT Bhilai by email||May 14, 2018 (17:00 Hours IST)|
Entrance Tests and Interviews Schedule
|Computer Science and Engineering||June 18-19, 2018 (Written Test/Interview)|
|Electrical Engineering||June 20-21, 2018 (Written Test/Interview)|
|Mechanical Engineering||June 22-23, 2018 (Written Test/Interview)|
IIT Bhilai MTech Admission 2018 Application Process
STEP-I: Apply Online
Applicant has to apply online using the link given here. After filling the online application form successfully, an application number will be generated. Applicant should note down the application number. Applicant must download the filled online application form and retained it for future requirement.
STEP-II: Make Fee Payment
Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only. After making the payment, SBI Collect will generate DU reference number (viz. DU12345678). This reference number will be required for adding the fee payment details.
STEP-III: Add Payment Details
This step should be done 36 hours after the generation of SBI Collect DU reference number. Applicant has to add the DU reference number to his/her application.
IIT Bhilai MTech Admission 2018 Selection Criteria
Candidates will be selected for admission in IIT Bhilai MTech 2018 programmes on the basis of their valid GATE scores and preferences made during choice filling.
For admission to this M.Tech program under the regular category, IIT Bhilai shall adopt qualifying criteria based on GATE score, B.Tech percentage/CGPA, Written test Score and interview.
GATE score will be used for shortlisting students for the interview.
Sponsored category students with more than two years experience will be shortlisted for interview. Their selection is based on the interview performance and B.Tech percentage/CGPA.
Currently, IIT Bhilai is being operated in Government Engineering College, Raipur with a proposed new campus under construction in full swing. It is currently being operated under the administrative guidance of IIT Hyderabad. The Fractal System of distributing courses across the semesters is the main highlight of the academics here.
Please post your comments or queries regarding IIT Bhilai M.Tech Admissions 2018 either on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Stay in touch with us for more on higher education, Professional course, entrance exams update, Career Guidance among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.