The last date to fill the online application form for IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech admission 2017 is April 10. Aspirants having GATE qualified score are only eligible and considered for the admission to the IIT Bhubaneshwar. Sponsored aspirants can also apply if satisfying the eligibility criteria and norms announced by institute.
Selections will be done on the basis of GATE scores and a written test /a personal interview or both. Complete details about IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admission 2017 including eligibility criteria, application procedure, important dates, etc. can be checked on this page.
IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications for admission into M. Tech. Programme for the year 2017-18 in the following specializations:
- Climate Science and Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Systems Design
- Thermal Science and Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admission Dates 2017
|Commencement of applications||March 10, 2017|
|Last date for application form||April 10, 2017|
|Written test||May 2017|
ALSO READ: GATE 2017 Answer Key Released By IIT Roorkee
IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Programmes Eligibility Criteria and Intake
5% relaxation of marks in the qualifying degree examination would be granted to the SC/ST/PwD candidates. This is applicable to both regular and sponsored candidates.
- Candidates who have served continuously for a minimum period of 3 years in the sponsoring organization are eligible for admission to the M.Tech. Programme as Sponsored Candidates.
- A sponsored candidate with a valid GATE score will have to undergo the same shortlisting and selection process as those of the regular candidates.
- A sponsored candidate without valid GATE score will be shortlisted only if he/she has obtained a minimum 65% marks (or 7.0 CGPA IN 10 –point scale) in all academic examinations. A relaxation of 5% marks is permitted only in one academic examination.
- He/she will also have to appear at the written test and interview in the School. The final selection will be based on the combined score of Written Test and Interview.
- The candidates sponsored by DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization) and similar approved government organizations, who have been selected through approved internal procedure, will be admitted in the appropriate discipline.
Note: A candidate who fails to appear for the Personal Interview will not be considered for admission.
Selection Procedure for IIT Bhubneshwar M.Tech Admission
- The shortlisting of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech. Programmes will be based on GATE score only. The fixing of cut-off score for candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute.
- The final selection of regular candidates will be solely based on the combined scores of the candidates with 70% weightage to the GATE score and 30% weightage to the written test and interview marks. The fixing of cut-off marks in the written test and interview for reserved categories shall be governed as per the norms of the Institute.
- The Written Test and Interview shall be given equal weightage of 15% each. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for interview subject to scoring a minimum of 40% of the maximum marks in the written test. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for final selection subject to scoring a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in the interview.
IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech 2017 Application Procedure
Application Fees: Rs.300 For General and OBC candidates and Rs.150 for SC/ST/ PwD candidates. No fee will be charged from female candidates.
Payment Mode: Online through net banking/debit card/credit card of any bank through SBI collect facility
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to register by entering their e-mail and password. They shall login after registration.
- Other details including personal, academic, etc. shall be entered.
- Payment must be made for application fees. An SB collect reference number will be generated after successful payment. Application without valid payment reference number/transaction number will be rejected.
- It is advisable to take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- Those applying for more than one programme are required to submit separate applications for each programme along with requisite application fee.
Documents to be uploaded along with Application Form
- Candidate’s mark/grade sheets, certificates and documents starting from class X/matriculation till graduation, and more
- A recent coloured photo in JPG format in a file size less than 100 Kb with dimension of 200×250 pixels.
- Candidate’s signature in JPG format in a file size less than 80Kb with dimension of 200×50 pixels.
- Any other relevant documents and certificates related to educational, professional experience and category.
- No objection certificate (In case of sponsored candidates)
- If currently employed, a release certificate from the present employer
- Latest resume
Important: Candidates must upload all document/certificates in pdf format only in the file size not more than 200 KB.
Here you got the details about IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admission 2017. Have any doubts regarding IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech admission, you can ask us via the AfterGraduation Forum. Share this article “IIT Bhubaneshwar M.Tech Admission, Apply Before April 10, 2017” to your friends, who are seeking admission in IIT.