The Indian Institute of Technology Mandi is privileged to be the first IIT in the Shivalik range of Himalayas. The last date to register for IIT Mandi MTech Admission 2018 is April 19, 2018. Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi will offer admission to MTech programmes 2018 on the basis of GATE scores of the candidates and qualifying results of the interview conducted by them.
The interview will be conducted on May 12, 2018, for the selected candidates after the cutoff of IIT Mandi for M.Tech admission will be released. The aspirants of IIT Mandi M.Tech programmes will be offered following post-graduation programmes – M.Tech in Communication and Signal Processing, Power Electronics and Drives.
It is important for candidates to check the eligibility criteria of IIT Mandi MTech admission 2018 before applying for any of the above mentioned MTech programmes. Candidates pertaining to IIT Mandi M.Tech admission 2018 can know all the details like application form dates, eligibility criteria, interview details etc. while reading the full article below.
IIT Mandi also offers postgraduate programs like M.S.(by Research) and M.Sc. under various departments. Currently, IIT Mandi offers M.S. program in fields of basic sciences and engineering, M.Sc. program in Chemistry along with M.Tech. in Energy Materials.
Complete details about IIT Mandi MTech Admission 2018 including eligibility criteria, important dates, application & selection procedure, fee structure can be checked on AfterGraduation’s this page.
IIT Mandi MTech Admission 2018 Important Dates
|1.||Application Starts||March 3, 2018|
|2.||Last Date for Application||April 19, 2018|
|3.||An Announcement of shortlisted candidates||April 23, 2018|
|4.||Interview||May 12, 2018|
M.Tech Programmes offered by IIT Mandi
- Signal Processing and Communications
- Power Electronics and Drives
IIT Mandi MTech Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must have a B.E./B.Tech/AMIE or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Instrumentation, Telecommunication Engineering.
- An applicant who has qualified for the award of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or Master’s Degree in Science or Master’s Degree in Computer Application and who have qualified and have a valid score in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) are eligible to apply for admission to the M.Tech. programs
- Final year students can also apply provided they submit the proof of their passing by last week of July.
- A GATE 2018/2017/2016 valid score is mandatory in appropriate discipline.
- Those holding a B.Tech degree from any of the IITs in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Instrumentation, Telecommunication Engineering and a CGPA/CPI score of 8.00 (on the scale of 10) are exempted from GATE.
- Industry-sponsored candidate should have minimum 2 years of experience. They should submit employer’s certificate for study leave of 2 years and undertaking for the financial support during entire course duration. They are exempted from GATE.
IIT Mandi MTech Application Form 2018
The application form of IIT Mandi MTech Admission 2018 is accessible to candidates from March 3, 2018. Aspirants required to fill their personal and academic details in IIT Mandi MTech 2018 application form. It is to be noted that application form has to be submitted along with the application fee before the last date i.e April 19, 2018.
How to fill IIT Mandi MTech 2018 Application Form?
How to Apply?
- Candidates are required to first register using a valid Email ID and password. Apply Online at http://oas.iitmandi.ac.in/admission
- After successful registration, login credentials will be sent by email ID. Candidates must validate and verify the same for logging in.
- Candidates must submit the application form after filling all the required particulars.
- Candidates will have to further fill their programme details, qualification, entrance exam, experience (if any), reference (if any) and all the required particulars. Candidates will have to agree to the declaration given at the end and submit their application form.
IIT Mandi MTech 2018 Selection Criteria
Candidates will be selected for admission in IIT Mandi MTech 2018 programmes on the basis of their valid GATE scores and preferences made during choice filling.
For admission to this M.Tech program under the regular category, IIT Mandi shall adopt qualifying criteria based on GATE score, B.Tech percentage/CGPA and interview.
GATE score will be used for shortlisting students for the interview.
Sponsored category students with more than two years experience will be shortlisted for interview. Their selection is based on the interview performance and B.Tech percentage/CGPA.
Please post your comments or queries regarding IIT Mandi M.Tech Admissions 2018 either on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Stay in touch with us for more on higher education, Professional course, entrance exams update, Career Guidance among other information through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter.