Candidates appearing for GATE 2020 in ME Subject code must know the Mechanical Engineering GATE 2020 syllabus, GATE ME Exam pattern, Books for better Study, Preparation Guidance and Scope of the subject for the better GATE Score.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), a national level examination, is a qualifying exam for admissions to post-graduate programs like M. Tech/M.S/Direct PhD in IISc/IITs/NITs. GATE Score is also used by several PSU Recruitment (i.e. like BSNL, BHEL, GAIL, Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum etc.).
IIT Delhi will conduct the GATE 2020 Exam for Mechanical Engineering Subject on February 1, 2020, in 2 sessions. Candidates can plan out their preparation sessions as guidance provided in the below article along with the syllabus and books which have to be referred to achieve good results.
Mechanical Engineering GATE 2020 Important Books
Here, it may be noted that ideally, one should complete studying as per the GATE 2020 Mechanical Engineering Syllabus. We have listed the books that can be used for studying the below mentioned subject for GATE preparation.
(A) General Aptitude
|Name of the Book||Author||Publisher|
|Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha||McGraw-Hill Education|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||S. Chand Publication|
|High School English Grammar||Wren & Martin||S. Chand Publication|
|Reasoning & Aptitude for GATE 2020||ME Editorial Board||Made Easy Publication|
|Topic-Wise Solved Papers for Reasoning/Quantitative Aptitude/English/General Knowledge||Disha Expert|
(B) Core Section
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Mechanics by Bhavikatti|
|Strength of Materials||A Textbook of Strength of Materials by RK Bansal|
|Theory of Machines||Theory of Machines by SS Rattan|
|Design of Machine Elements||Design of Machine Elements By Bhandari|
|Fluid Mechanics||A textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines by R K Bansal|
|Thermal Science||Thermal Engineering by RK Rajput|
|Heat Transfer||Heat Transfer by J Holman and BhattacharyyaHeat and Mass Transfer by Cengel and Ghajar|
|Manufacturing Engineering||Manufacturing process for Engg Materials by Kalpakjian
Manufacturing technology by P N Rao
|Industrial Engineering||Industrial Engineering by O P Khanna|
|Vibrations||Mechanical Vibration by Rao|
|Thermo Dynamics||Thermodyanmics by Cengel|
Follow those textbooks that you are most comfortable. The main objective is to clear the fundamentals. The above-mentioned topics are just for better preparation.
Preparation Strategy For GATE 2020
First of all, relax! If you determined and have passion then there is an ample time to thoroughly prepare for the GATE examination and crack. Make an examination preparation and revision plan to properly divide the remaining available time.
1. It is important to have a thorough knowledge of the GATE exam pattern and syllabus. Go through GATE Mechanical Engineering previous year exam papers and make a list of topics based on a number of questions appeared and give importance to them accordingly.
2. Do Not Miss Engg. Maths/Aptitude: Ensure that you cover Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude in the course of your preparation. Prepare well both of them as it will ensure a good score.
3. Study Materials: Choose books and study materials for Mechanical Engineering subject which are the best for you. We have also shared above some good books referred by GATE ME toppers and faculties. Choose the one with the best explanations and which is easy to understand.
4. Time table: Allot time in a way so as to cover every topic efficiently without costing the time for other sections. Give proper time for the revision as well.
6. Practise GATE Sample Papers and Mock Test: Students should attempt both online and offline mock tests. Analyze your performance to judge your preparation level. Through GATE mock tests, candidates get to learn time management, handling exam pressure, Accuracy, and skills to attempt the question paper.
7. Use of Virtual Calculator: Taking a mock test will help you adapt to the online pattern and how to use enabled virtual calculator. Use the calculator when its really required only for complex calculations.
8. Make Small Notes: Prepare short notes on all important topics, concepts, formulas, tricks etc during your preparation for GATE exam. This will be very useful during the revision.
9. Revision is the most important to have success in any exam. Fast goes through the complete syllabus, important topics for quick access to recall during the exam.
10. It is very important to keep a healthy mind and body. Do not forget to take adequate sleep and eat healthily. Take small breaks for leisure activities to relax.
ALSO READ:Fair & Lovely Scholarship 2019 For Girls
All the Best, Aspirants!!
Post all your queries and comments regarding GATE 2020 Mechanical Engineering Preparation on our AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay tuned through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular updates on Entrance Exam & Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes and Guidance among education other information.