COAP, Common Offer Acceptance Portal provides a common platform for the candidates to seek admission into MTech programs in the IITs on the basis of GATE score. Candidates aspiring for MTech admission in IITs should register for COAP 2018 from April 02, 2018 till April 30, 2018 (23:59 hours).
To access and make a decision on the most preferred choice of IIT with specialization, each M.Tech aspirant need to register at the COAP official website. The IITs have started the GATE Common Offer Acceptance Portal from 2017 to facilitate students who apply for the postgraduate degree MTech admissions in IITs.
In the new process, after applying to the IITs of their choice all MTech aspirants must register for COAP on the basis of their GATE scores. Each participating Institute of COAP 2018 will follow the selection procedure as per the norms and guidelines of the respective Institute.
The portal aims to aid aspirants to make the most preferred choice for an admission to the M.Tech programme of their choice at any of the participating IITs. The admission offers by all participating IITs will be available in a common time window. Candidates applied individually for the M.Tech admissions 2018 in IITs, will be able to access all available offers by registering at COAP.
After receipt of the admission offers from the participating IITs, candidates must confirm the admission offer of the IIT which they choose to accept through GATE COAP 2018.
COAP 2018 is not an MTech Admission Application portal, it is primarily an admission portal. Candidates can check about COAP 2018 details to understand the registration and selection process, dates and more in the article below.
Objective of COAP
The main objectives of COAP are:
- To provide a common platform for a candidate to make the most preferred choice (job in PSU or Post Graduate study).
- To be able to offer admission to candidates who get deprived of seats (in Institutions) due to multiple offers held by some candidates till last minute, resulting in vacancies.
- To mitigate/ eliminate the scenarios that arise due to ‘multiple offers’ (made by Institutions) that cause vacant posts in PSUs or vacant seats in Post Graduate programmes of IITs.
COAP 2018 Schedule
Tentative Schedule of each round of offers and corresponding time window for a candidate to make a decision on available offers at COAP as follows:
|COAP 2018 Registration||April 02, 2018 – April 30, 2018 (23:59 hours)|
|COAP 2018 Round Details||Time frame to view and make the decision by candidates|
|Round-1 (1st Round of Offer)||May 24, 2018 – May 27, 2018 (23:59 hours)|
|Round-2 (2nd Round of Offer)||
June 5, 2018 – June 8, 2018 (23:59 hours)
|Round-3 (3rd Round of Offer)||June 16, 2018 – June 19, 2018 (23:59 hours)|
|Round-4 (4th Round of Offer)||June 26, 2018 – June 29, 2018 (23:59 hours)|
|Round-5 (5th Round of Offer, if required)||First week of July 2018|
COAP 2018 Highlights
|COAP Registration/Application mode||Online mode|
|Fee submission process||INR 20,000 through online modes (pay full fee by visiting the respective institutes)|
|Selection process||On the basis of GATE scores (2016, 2017, 2018)|
|Total offer rounds||4|
COAP 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidate must have qualified in GATE 2016 or 2017 or 2018. They will be required to upload their scorecard of GATE 2016/2017/2018.
- Candidates who have completed their graduation (B.Tech) from an IIT with a minimum of 8.0 CGPA and above, will be eligible for direct admissions and need not register at COAP. Other candidates from IITs with less than 8 CGPA must have appeared for GATE and applied to the IITs before applying to COAP.
- Candidates who have more than one valid GATE score are advised to apply using the highest GATE score. However, during registration candidates must include all other GATE scores if any of the last three years.
- Candidates who have appeared for GATE in different papers in different years must provide all the details of all scores and papers while registering for GATE COAP 2018.
All qualified GATE candidates and MTech aspirants should register at COAP official website, for making a decision to access the admission offers. The registration form will be available from April 2, 2018. Candidates can fill and submit the online registration form by clicking on the “Register Now” button. After submitting the registration form, no changes will be entertained. The steps for registration is given below –
- Following information of the candidate will be required while registering at COAP 2018: Name, GATE Registration number(s), GATE score(s), Date of birth, Email ID and Mobile number.
- Candidates will be sent an Email/SMS after registration which will be used to validate and use the given login ID (sent through the mail) to access the COAP 2018 portal (website URL). SMS will contain password details.
- After successful completion of registration, a candidate will be able to access information on offers made from the IITs where they have applied.
- The offer will be uploaded at COAP and will be tagged with COAP registration number (same as GATE registration number without subject code).
- The message of the successful registration will be conveyed through SMS and emails.
MTech Admission Offers through COAP 2018
The first set of offers will be made by the last week of May 2018. Candidates will be informed via Email/SMS. The offers will also be displayed on the online portal. The Second and subsequent offers will be dependent upon on the availability of the seats. The candidate can select maximum of one offer out of available offers in each round. Except for the final or last round of offers, all candidates will have following Four options in each round as follows-
Option 1 – Accept and Freeze:
When candidates are willing to accept the present offer and would not like to be considered for upgrading to higher preferences in the subsequent rounds. Such candidates must choose this option and visit the respective IIT Admission Portal to confirm their admission. Such candidates will not be allowed to participate further in the admission process.
- Submit the most preferred option.
- Visit the institute’s official website.
- Complete the admission procedure before the due date.
Option 2 – Retain and Wait:
This option is for candidates who are accepting one of the present offers but would also like to be considered for upgrading to their higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of offers. Candidates choosing this option will not be considered for any rejected offers in the current round.
After choosing this option, candidates should visit the respective IIT’s Admission Portal and follow the procedure as instructed by the institute. In the subsequent round, such candidates can select only one offer from the higher preference offers.
Option 3 – Reject and Wait:
Candidates should select this option if they are not willing to accept any of the offer(s) of. Such candidates will be considered for other higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of admission offered by any IIT.
- Choose the reject option and submit it
- Wait for the other round of offers.
- Visit COAP for the next round of offers.
Option 4 – Reject Option:
This option is for candidates who are not willing to accept any of the offers and wish to no longer participate in the COAP-2018 admission process.
Note: All IITs may not participate in all rounds. The participation of the IIT may depend upon the vacancies existing in the IIT. However, some IITs may also conduct additional rounds once COAP 2018 is over but at an individual level. Such offer and rounds will be mentioned by the respective IITs.
All updates and latest information on COAP-2018 will be available here as soon as it is announced. Please post your comments or queries regarding Admissions for MTech Course through COAP 2018 either on our Aftergraduation Forum or in the below comment box. Connect with us for regular guidance for GATE and MTech Admission through COAP 2018 on Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter also.