Statistics Subject GATE 2020 Preparation: GATE 2020 exam for Statistics subject (ST) is going to be held in February 2020 by IIT Delhi. Candidates appearing for GATE 2020 Statistics (ST) paper must know the proper syllabus, GATE ST Exam pattern, Best books to study Statistics Subject, preparation Strategy and proper Guidance to crack the exam with a better GATE Score.
We hereby provide the complete details regarding Statistics Subject GATE 2020 preparation tips, Books for better study, GATE Exam Pattern, GATE 2020 ST Syllabus, Scope among other information at one place and simply help you out to focus on preparation to have a better GATE Score. Check out the article to know more.
Statistics Subject GATE 2020 Reference Books
(A) General Aptitude
|Name of the Book||Author||Publisher|
|Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha||McGraw-Hill Education|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal||S. Chand Publication|
|High School English Grammar||Wren & Martin||S. Chand Publication|
|Reasoning & Aptitude for GATE 2020||ME Editorial Board||Made Easy Publication|
|Topic-Wise Solved Papers for Reasoning/Quantitative Aptitude/English/General Knowledge||Disha Expert|
(B) Core Section
|Book name||Author name|
|Higher Engineering Mathematics||Dr. B. S. Grewal|
|Introductory methods of numerical analysis||SS Sastry|
|Advanced Engineering Mathematics||Erwin Kreyszig|
|Using Multivariate Statistics by Pearson||Barbara G. Tabachnick and Linda S. Fidell|
|Data Analysis Using Regression and Multilevel/Hierarchical Models||Andrew Gelman, Jennifer Hill:|
|Probability – Random Variables and Stochastic Processes||Athanasios Papoulis and S Pillai|
GATE ST Preparation Plan
2. Study materials: Choose books and study materials which are the best for you. There are several standard study materials available in the market. Choose the one with the best explanations and which is easy to understand.
3. Time table: An efficient study plan is consists of the time table with sufficient time alloted for every section. Know your weak areas. Allot time in a way so as to cover every topic efficiently without costing the time for other sections. Since less than 3.5 months are left, divide the time in following way :
- For the first 15 days, dedicate few hours to General aptitude and rest of the time to Core section.
- For the next 2 months, dedicate all the time for the core section.
- In the last month, try to do the mock tests and revision as much as possible.
Try to follow the time table efficiently.
4. Practice as many questions as possible: Doing so not only highlights your weak areas but also helps you to manage the time. It also brings out a variety of questions which might be new.
5. Do not forget to make notes. These are very handy during the examination. Include whatever is important such as formulae, short tricks, concepts etc. These will help in revision at the 20th hour.
6. It is very important to keep a healthy mind and body. Do not forget to take adequate sleep and eat healthily.
Scope after GATE Exam in Statistics Subject
The scope of Statistics is really wide after the GATE exam. Most of the companies require statisticians and their skills to keep themselves updated with the varying trends. It is used in a number of fields such as business, industry, agriculture, government, private, computer science, scientific, health sciences etc.
With good scores and preparation, one can also apply for the Civil Services, Indian Statistical Services & Indian Economic Services exams.
All the Best, Aspirants!!!
Share your inputs and suggestions to bring more useful articles for GATE aspirants. Drop all your queries regarding ‘GATE 2020 Statistics subject Syllabus and Exam Pattern’ on our AfterGraduation Forum or in the below comment box.
Stay in touch with us through Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter for regular updates on Entrance Exams and Preparation, Higher Education, Professional Courses, Career Enhancement Programmes, Jobs Openings and Placement, among other related to Profesional Guidance.