Swachhta Ranking 2017 for Higher Educational Institutions (HEI) has been announced by the Union Minister for Human Resource Development (HRD) Prakash Javadekar on eve of Engineer’s Day. About 3500 Higher Educational Institutes took part in the Swachhta Ranking 2017 of which 174 were shortlisted. Best 25 Institutions were selected for the top rankings in 4 different categories for Award.
The ranking has been done to the Institute on the basis of multiple categories such as cleanliness standards, cleaning systems, waste disposal methods, academic buildings, greenery in the institute campus, and campus accessibility. One of the most important criteria was the student/toilet ratio along with a running water supply for at least 15 hours. Also, a certain weightage is given to the institutions if they have adopted any neighboring locality or village to spread awareness & activities in Swachhta.
The top 174 institutions were shortlisted as per criteria and officials from UGC and AICTE inspected the premises of all 174 institutions. Finally, the top 25 institutions across various categories like Universities, Technical Institutions, Colleges and Government institutions were selected and they were awarded on the occasion.
While the maximum number of institutions were from Tamil Nadu, no government institution could find a place in the top 50. HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar said a separate category was created for the government institutions.
Other than Institute, The Ministry of Human Resource Development has also released a list of top 5 districts for outstanding coordination with the higher education institutes in the district under the Clean India Movement. These five districts are:
- Medak, Telangana
- Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh
- Ajmer, Rajasthan
- Warangal (Urban), Telangana
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Swachhta Ranking 2017 Winners Under Different Categories
- O.P. Jindal Global University, Sonipat, Haryana
- Manipal University Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Chitkara University, Kalu Jhanda (Barotiwala), Solan, Himachal Pradesh
- K.L.E. Academy of Higher Education and Research, Belgaum, Karnataka
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Under College Category
- Kongu Arts and Science College, Erode, Tamil Nadu
- Vidya Pratishthans Arts, Commerce and Science College, MIDC Baramati, Pune, Maharashtra
- Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Vivekananda College of Arts and Science (W) Tiruchengode, Tamil Nadu
- S N R Sons College, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- K.G. College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Under Technical Institutions
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
- Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Vivekananda College of Engineering for Women, Tiruchengode, Tamil Nadu
- RMD Engineering College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- RMK Engineering College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- ABES Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
Under Government Institutions
- G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand
- Madurai Kamraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu
- Alagappa University, Alagappa Nagar, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati Assam
- Govt Post-graduate College for Girls, Chandigarh, Union Territory
- Panjab University, Chandigarh, Panjab
Earlier in September, the Ministry had also announced “Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar”. Over 2,68,402 schools from across the country had voluntarily participated in the competition. 643 schools were shortlisted for the award out of which 172 were selected for the National Awards of Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar 2016-17.
Share your feedback and comments regarding Swachhta Ranking 2017 on our Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to discuss.
(Image Courtesy: SkillOutlook)