The objective of the program is to encourage, empower and educate potential women entrepreneurs to create their own business or social enterprise and to help established entrepreneurs to grow their existing enterprises. The program is specifically designed to enable current and aspiring women entrepreneurs to identify viable business opportunities and to develop feasible and sustainable plans.
The program will be conducted by IIMU faculty and external experts from various fields.
The program has sessions covering all areas of practical relevance to entrepreneurs including:
- Business Planning & Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Business Law
- Budgeting & Costing
- Communication & Negotiation
- Product Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Sales & Marketing
- Managing People
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
This will be supplemented with site visits as well as interaction with successful women entrepreneurs and a panel discussion on entrepreneurship.
All participants who attend a minimum of 90% of the scheduled classroom sessions will have the opportunity to present their Business Plan in class and submit a written Business Plan. Those participants will receive a certificate of completion of the program from IIMU.
The presentations will be made to a panel of experts who shall evaluate them and may ask questions, seek clarifications and give feedback at the time of presentation. The written business plans will not be evaluated nor returned; however, feedback shall be provided when specifically asked for.
The participants will also have the opportunity to take part in an Alumni meet where they can interact with other alumni of this program. This will facilitate networking with entrepreneur sisters and help them gain valuable practical insights.
|Last date for submitting online application||March 12, 2017|
|Commencement of program||April 17, 2017|
The MDPWE will take place from April 17, 2017 to May 11, 2017.
- Online Application Form – Aspirants need to fill the online application at http://admissions.iimu.ac.in/mdp/mdp-apply-now
- Along with the personal details, aspirants needs to upload their Current/future business plan in the online form.
- Based on the received application, there would be Telephonic interview of the shortlisted application. Final candidates will be intimated after that.
Program Fees & Scholarship
The program fee covers all program activities, materials, refreshments and lunch on all program days. The residential fee includes a single room accommodation in the IIMU new hostel block on campus with breakfast and dinner during the program.
|From Rajasthan||Rs. 25,000||Rs. 35,000|
|From other states||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 40,000|
- The applicable service tax will be charged in addition to the fee.
- The program fee must be received at the Indian Institute of Management Udaipur before the program commencement date.
Scholarships of up to 50% of the fee are available to a few candidates from Rajasthan. Applicants must apply separately for this scholarship with a document (maximum of 500 words) detailing justifications for seeking the scholarship.