Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IIT Hyderabad, IITH) is the top seventh premiere institute among the all the technical institutions of India in 2016 according to the MHRD rankings. Application form for IIT Hyderabad M.Tech 2017 Admission can be filled between second week of April till Second week of May.The IIT Hyderabad is a public engineering and research institution located in Sangareddy district, Telangana, India.
Aspirants must have a valid GATE score to be considered for admissions to postgraduate engineering programmes offered at IITH. Seats will be allotted to candidates on the basis of GATE scores. They may also be required to appear for a written test and personal interview. Complete details about IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Admission 2017 including eligibility criteria, application & selection procedure can be checked on AfterGraduation’s this page.
IIT Hyderabad M.Tech 2017 Admission Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have cleared BE/BTech/MCA/MSc with an aggregate of 60% marks.
- MTech aspirants should have valid GATE score.
- Candidates who have completed B.Tech from any of the IITs with a C.G.P.A. of 8.0 (7.5 for SC/ST) are exempt from GATE. However they may have to appear for a written test and interview.
- Candidates still to appear in their qualifying degree examinations may also apply, provided they appear in all their qualifying degree examinations and complete all requirements for their degrees at least a month before the joining semester.
M.Tech Programmes Offered
|S.No.||Department||M.Tech Programmes Offered|
|1.||Mechanical And Aerospace Engineering||Mechanics and Design|
|Fluid Energy Systems|
|Integrated Design and Manufacturing|
|2.||Civil Engineering||Environmental & Water Resources Engineering|
|3.||Electrical Engineering||Communications and Signal Processing|
|Micro-electronics and VLSI,|
|Power Electronics & Power Systems|
|Systems and Control|
|4.||Bio Medical Engineering||Bio Medical Engineering|
|5.||Bio Technology||Bio Technology|
|6.||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|7.||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering|
|8.||Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering||Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering|
M.Tech Admission Application Procedure
- Registration is the first step where candidates will have to register themselves with basic info, an Email ID and password.
- Upon completion of the registration procedure, candidates will receive a secret key for further log in.
- Now use your email ID and secret key received after registration to log in.
- Thereafter, fill up your personal and academic details.
- Post submission of the form, candidates need to take printout of the same.
- Now upload the payment reference document and photograph.
- At the time of interview, candidates will have to produce all necessary documents in original, application form printout and payment transaction proof etc.
|General/OBC (male only)||Rs 300|
|SC/ST/PwD (Male only)||Rs 150|
|All female applicants|
Payment Mode: Candidates are required to make payment online through SBI collect.
Full time M.Tech eligible candidates will receive a monthly scholarship/stipend as per MHRD (Govt. of Inida) or sponsored project guidelines.
The above details are based on last year’s official notifications. AfterGraduation will provide more details as soon as any official notification is made on IIT Hyderabad Admissions 2017.
If you have any queries regarding IIT Hyderabad MTech Admission, please post your queries or comments on Aftergraduation Forum and we would be happy to help you.