For about 1,000 entry-level summer jobs, Morgan Stanley received 90,000 applications. With that type of competition, can anybody dare to stand out in today’s global capital markets and drive forward your professional career. Outshine the competition with London Business School’s Masters in Financial Analysis (MFA). This program, designed for high-reaching ambitious individuals who want to make an impact on the world of finance. This innovative and potentially disruptive program is designed for students with less than a year of work experience to become a specialist with the combination of rigorous academic content and innovative, career-focused industry immersion.
As a new graduate, impressing the world’s top finance recruiters is a real challenge. The Master’s in Financial Analysis (MFA) is a one-year, full-time intensive program;based in London, aimed at recent graduates from quantitatively-focused fields, who want a rigorous grad program that will prepare them for careers in the finance sector.
MFA features 11 core courses based on five pillars :
- Asset management (including credit markets, asset allocation, market efficiency and anomalies, and liquidity)
- Accounting (including securities analysis and valuations)
- Corporate finance (including M&A and capital structure)
- Financial econometrics.
- Financial markets (including world economy, financial institutions and personal finance)
Aspirants will get a chance to learn the key concepts of finance, accounting and economics from some of the most sought-after faculty in the world.
To learn about global markets with a mix of dynamic company visits, simulations, lectures, masterclasses, dinners and city tours, alongside other Early Career students, faculty and peers,Global Immersion Field Trips, is the lucrative part of this program.
Leading institutions in New York, Silicon Valley, Hong Kong & Shanghai and a range of European destinations are global partners for Global Immersion Field trips. In 2017, students will visit Barcelona for the first time to gain insight into technology and innovation.
The MFA admissions process is designed to identify future finance talent. If you are committed to your career in finance and needs the technical finance knowledge and professional skills to make the right impression, then the Masters in Financial Analysis (MFA) at London Business School will help you achieve your goals. The basic criteria,required –
- A recent graduate (graduated in 2016 or will graduate in 2017).
- Less than one year of work experience.
- Expected to graduate in a numerate discipline with a UK 2:1 or above (finance, accounting, economics, engineering, chemistry, physics, maths or computer science for example)
- Need to demonstrate your commitment to build a career in finance.
- A list of accomplishments that show your potential in sports, community or university activities.
ROI of Programme
The finance world is expanding with emerging markets, new industries and social enterprise. International learning environment at LBS provides you with the global perspectives and networks to begin your journey. You can explore career options through listening and meeting professionals on and off campus from a wide range of global companies such as Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Blackstone, Fidelity, Santander, McKinsey, Accenture, Deloitte or Google. LBS have designed this program to land crucial first post-MFA role with :
- the finance knowledge to impress at interview and beyond
- Interview training, including mock interviews, technical interviewing skills and problem solving skills.
- Access to leading finance recruiters through campus events and job boards. LBS Career Centre will give you the opportunity to meet with key organisations looking to recruit exceptional analyst-level finance candidates.
- Professional and Careers skills to communicate your value, with impact, to potential employers
- A global alumni network to draw on throughout your career.
This programme will set you on track for a truly rewarding long-term career.
More Benefits to Career
- Reputation – the School’s world-renowned finance faculty combine extensive industry knowledge and experience with cutting-edge academic research.
- London location – positioned in the capital of global finance, the programme empowers you to leverage school’s strong links with financial institutions and practitioners.
- Build an exceptional network – immerse yourself in an array of events, clubs and networking opportunities on a campus that buzzes with experienced finance professionals and fellow postgraduate students.
- Develop practical finance skills – use the latest finance software and theory applied in organisations during Business Immersion Week.
- Acquire the global perspectives essential to professional success – study with diverse classmates, learn from LBS international faculty, and experience through Global Immersion Field Trips.
Fees, Financing And Scholarships
Fees for the programme starting in September 2017 are £32,550. There is no international student rate. The MFA fees include tuition, course materials (excluding text books) and a contribution to London Business School’s Student Association.
The Prodigy Finance Loan programme, along with other loan options, is available to help you finance your MFA.
READ Too: Student Loan Options To Fund MBA In US
A wide range of scholarships for the Masters in Financial Analysis programme are available, some scholarships are:
- London Business School Merit Scholarships
- The Santander Scholarships
- The Monica & Navin Valrani Scholarship
- The GREAT Scholarship – India
- The David Pyott Scholarship
- LIFE Scholarship (for Lebanese nationals)
When to Apply
Programme Start Date: 1 September 2017
Next recommended deadline: 10 January 2017
Applications for MFA 2018 are now open.
Application Required Documents
- A completed online application form
- Application essays
- GMAT (range 650-800) / GRE equivalent score / CFA Level 1
- One page CV
- Name and details of two referees
- Proof of English language ability
- Application fee
- A copy of your university transcript(s)
(Image Courtesy: LBS)